ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sennheisier IEM G4?  (Read 1287 times)

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
Sennheisier IEM G4?
« on: May 09, 2018, 09:30:44 AM »

Anybody used the new G4 yet?  I have a G3 system in the 600Mhz range that I need to replace.  Other than a new paint job and some software updates, I haven't found any mention of actual RF or sound quality performance improvements.  I would love to hear any hands-on performance feedback.

My other contender is the new Lectrosonics Duet system.  Price is around 3X the Sennheiser G4 for a single system (2X for two systems as the transmitter is a dual-stereo), but digital transmission, diversity receivers, etc.  Price is less than Shure PSM1000, about the same as Sennheiser 2000.  I have no doubt the performance is in another world compared to the Sennheiser G4, but so is the price.  :)  I would also love any feedback on the Duet.

Thanks!

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
Re: Sennheisier IEM G4?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 12:04:05 PM »

I have tried the Duet, and there are many great features, but the one that puts it in a class of it's own is that it can tune from 470.100 – 607.975 MHz. With all other systems you would need to buy 2 or more products tuned to subsets of that range. That feature alone is enough reason to choose this product when comparing to the  Shure PSM900/1000 or Sennheiser products.
Add to that the non-companding 24bit audio, Dante connections, 4 stereo transmitters in 1RU, the excellent display and control software, and many more features, it's a real winner.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Sennheisier IEM G4?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 12:04:05 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 25 queries.