ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kabuki Drop recommendations?  (Read 2384 times)

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
Kabuki Drop recommendations?
« on: May 01, 2018, 01:46:07 PM »

Looking to add a Kabuki Drop for one of our regular bands, and would prefer to not cobble/build something on our own.

Would love for it to be DMX controlled and as compact/portable as possible. Lightweight black curtain that drops a second before first note hits.

I know Rosebrand has a system but it's not entirely clear how it's all put together.

Also not sure how many units we'd need - typical stage width for these gigs is under 30-feet.

Anyone have any experience with Kabuki systems? Thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

John Fruits

Re: Kabuki Drop recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 03:45:59 PM »

The Rose Brand Kabuki System consists of 5 foot modules which are mounted end to end.
Some other options would be,
http://electrokabuki.com/
which is distributed in the US by DrapeKings.com
There is also this unit from Gerriets
Both of these are small modules that are attached to a pipe or truss and interconnected. 
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

Mark Cadwallader

• Helena, Montana USA
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 09:57:10 PM »

Please note that variable width stages (and limited or non-existantnwing space) might mean that need different widths of drops.

Assuming that the drop is downstage of the band, don't forget that you will need someone standing offstage to pull the drop offstage.

Topic swerve: A Nutcracker I work with built a double kabuki system. It deploys from being fully "out" to "in", then from "in" to completely dropped. It is manually deployed, and now works most of the time. Always hold my breath to see if both parts work during the same performance....
"Good tools are expensive, but cheap tools are damned expensive."

John Fruits

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 10:21:49 PM »

Assuming that the drop is downstage of the band, don't forget that you will need someone standing offstage to pull the drop offstage.
Not always, one can always go whole hog and add a SNIFFER.
You probably have to have one built by ALL ACCESS or TAIT.
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 12:46:45 PM »

I'm liking the EK system - I'll have to contact them for more information. 

And a Sniffer... hmm... :D

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 12:46:45 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.