ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Stage stringer recommendations  (Read 8643 times)

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
Re: Stage stringer recommendations
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2018, 04:36:58 PM »

Our Windsor stringers that have been flawless since Day 1. 

Same here - another OA Windsor vote from me.

The other is Orange and grey from Home Depot’s Rigid brand.  Cost effective. My stages have been code examined a couple of times and nobody has called me out on them. 

Just because you can get away with it doesn't make it right.  Also, nothing screams amateur hour like orange extension cords - just add some knots and duct tape to complete the low-budget fire hazard look!

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2018, 04:46:16 PM »

Same here - another OA Windsor vote from me.

Just because you can get away with it doesn't make it right.  Also, nothing screams amateur hour like orange extension cords - just add some knots and duct tape to complete the low-budget fire hazard look!

Also power strips should be banished from stages.  The switch provides an opportunity to fuck up,   

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Bob Faulkner

• Raleigh, NC
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2018, 07:24:02 PM »

Many thanks for all the links provided!  Including the link to this forum from a post about 3 years ago... I missed that one.

I hate having to keep buying the same items/products because they fall apart... I'm willing to spend the money to have something last and perform (i.e. Windsor, stayonline, etc...).  But was hoping it would be a bit more affordable.

For sure, power-strips should be banished.

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2018, 07:42:02 PM »

Also power strips should be banished from stages.  The switch provides an opportunity to fuck up,

I refer to them as “Off Switches” cause that is what happens at the worse possible time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2018, 07:47:36 PM »

I hate having to keep buying the same items/products because they fall apart... I'm willing to spend the money to have something last and perform (i.e. Windsor, stayonline, etc...).  But was hoping it would be a bit more affordable.

Yeah, like so many things in this business you get what you pay for.  If it's any consolation, my first OA Windsor purchase was about 10 years ago - not a single product has failed.  The same boxes I used a decade ago just got loaded to go out again this weekend.  As much as I'd rather spend the cash on something flashy with a higher return on investment, this is a neceassary evil too.  Though they're not cheap, they last, and will pay for themselves several times over if your cheaper solution keeps falling apart.

Aaron Maurer

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2018, 08:47:35 PM »

I have 10 OA Windsor quad boxes and not one issue in the past three years. You would really have to work at wrecking one of those boxes. Great product and Jim is a real nice guy! 

Michael Lascuola

• WoodlawnSound.com
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2018, 09:29:34 PM »

Somewhat OT, but I bypass the power switches in all my power strips.  They start in the truck, but every week, someone asks for one.

Back on topic, to do this properly, it's costly (weather-resistant boxes from OA Windsor, or similar).  But it's worth it, if you plan to stay in business.
Colorado Springs, CO

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2018, 11:20:30 PM »

Power strips might be something we frown upon, but in the CorpAV world, they're requisite.
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Mal Brown

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2018, 12:24:36 AM »

Hence why the Or and gry is generally the backline feeder.  Given it is a 30amp capable cord, I doubt that fire hazard is an issue.   If it is, code here mandates a fire extinguisher stage left and right...  still haven’t been shut down...
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

Jim McKeveny

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2018, 08:26:32 AM »

Power strips might be something we frown upon, but in the CorpAV world, they're requisite.

To my eternal dismay. In corpy-world,  mission-critical power distribution is regarded casually, and "assumed". Ditto WiFi.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 08:29:22 AM by Jim McKeveny »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2018, 08:26:32 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.