ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Streaming video  (Read 3235 times)

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
Streaming video
« on: April 24, 2018, 11:23:57 PM »

Well, just when you thought you had it all figured out...

This gig I have talked so much about with video and all just took a strange turn today...

They used a D9 EQ on the room my satellite feed comes from.. yes, really. They plan on replacing it with cable... I hope in time. 10 days to the event.

So, thinking about fall back plans. They may have cable internet with WiFi I could use. I have never streamed a live tv event so don’t even know neighbors of the possible pitfalls. I need 15 min of NBC Sports.

I should know more about their internet tomorrow. I hope.

Suggestions? I have a spare MacBook and I am sure I can dig up a PC laptop if need be.

Pitfalls? Work arounds? HDCP issues from streaming? Sheesh, I can’t even learn the acronyms fast enough...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: Streaming video
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 01:17:46 AM »

Well, just when you thought you had it all figured out...

This gig I have talked so much about with video and all just took a strange turn today...

They used a D9 EQ on the room my satellite feed comes from.. yes, really. They plan on replacing it with cable... I hope in time. 10 days to the event.

So, thinking about fall back plans. They may have cable internet with WiFi I could use. I have never streamed a live tv event so don’t even know neighbors of the possible pitfalls. I need 15 min of NBC Sports.

I should know more about their internet tomorrow. I hope.

Suggestions? I have a spare MacBook and I am sure I can dig up a PC laptop if need be.

Pitfalls? Work arounds? HDCP issues from streaming? Sheesh, I can’t even learn the acronyms fast enough...

What is a D9 EQ?

Where would you stream from?  Do you have public exhibition rights for the material you are going to display?

With a good Internet connection you may get away with it. 

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Joe Pieternella

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 04:50:12 AM »

What is a D9 EQ?

It's caterpillars solution for room acoustic problems.

Rob, not sure what your source for the stream is/was. But if you're using an over the internet stream you would benefit from testing its stability/reliability at home. Preferably when there is another event/moment when a lot of people might be watching the same stream.
 Also, try to get a cabled connection. Wifi is great for remote control of mixers and speakers and such but a dodgy/not working Wi-Fi connection burning a 15 min hole in your event is sub optimal to say the least.

I've used domestic equipment in these situations with great success. All you need is to interface the consumer connectors to your equipment.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn G8341 met Tapatalk

Rob Spence

• Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 11:21:11 AM »

What is a D9 EQ?

Where would you stream from?  Do you have public exhibition rights for the material you are going to display?

With a good Internet connection you may get away with it.

This is not an open to the public thing.
I am simply substituting a projector for a tv in a private room so people can see better.

I hope to find out more about the internet connection soon.

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Milt Hathaway

• http://www.fitzcosound.com
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 01:07:48 PM »

They may have cable internet with WiFi I could use. ... I need 15 min of NBC Sports.

Does the cable internet feed not also include digital TV? Every cable internet company I've dealt with sent both down the same wire. It would require a box from (and account with) the cable company to decode the digital TV signal, but possibly your client already has that on site.
--
Milt
FitzCo Sound, Inc.
Midland, TX
http://www.fitzcosound.com

Rob Spence

• Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2018, 07:24:25 PM »

Does the cable internet feed not also include digital TV? Every cable internet company I've dealt with sent both down the same wire. It would require a box from (and account with) the cable company to decode the digital TV signal, but possibly your client already has that on site.

That is the case I am hoping for. No current cable box but “the cable” is already in the building. There used to be a lounge room with a satellite receiver/tv in it that I had just substituted my projector for the tv. On my advance visit yesterday I found the lounge demolished and under reconstruction. Sigh. They may have a cable tv box soon but...
So, in the interest of a fall back plan, I want to learn about steaming over the internet

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2018, 07:24:25 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 23 queries.