ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stolen Gear Alert  (Read 1725 times)

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
Stolen Gear Alert
« on: April 24, 2018, 10:48:50 AM »

Some **hole broke into my storage unit and stole my 65 Bandmaster 2x12 combo, a generic 1x12 Princeton-sized speaker, and 2 QSC HPR122i speakers. I have the HPR serial numbers, and the Bandmaster I have the chassis number and tubes.

The Bandmaster is in a Newell 2x12 combo cab and has 2 Orange Warehouse Speakers (G12C/S) and a Dr. Z BrakeLite on the side of the cab.  The 2 HPR122i's have the QSC covers. Amp is the one in the pic, but this was taken when it still had Weber Californias.

Stolen from a Public Storage in Torrance; may have been an inside job as when we got there last night, the PS-supplied padlock was on backwards. Meeting police there this morning to file a report and then with insurance.

If you see this gear, please PM me.

William Schnake

• Schnake Sound & Light
Re: Stolen Gear Alert
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 06:07:56 PM »

Sorry to hear about your loss Ned.  I got hit a couple of years ago.  It sucks.  Best of luck on getting them recovered.

Bill
Bill Schnake - Owner Schnake Sound & Light

Avid/Crown/EAW/EV/Midas/RCF/Shure/Yamaha

schnakesound.com

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 06:19:11 PM »

Maybe put a post up here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/findmygearcalifornia/  FB page run by a music photographer I know.  I have seen it get results.

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 09:54:50 PM »

If you see this gear, please PM me.

Perhaps the silver lining is that your stolen gear is pretty customized / unique?  Should make them easier to spot.

I've heard of people having success with posting "WTB" ads on CL for something close to what's been stolen (eg.  Wanted:  Older Fender Tube Amps).  Some criminals are dumb enough to try to sell somebody their own gear.

Best of luck!

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 08:10:14 PM »

Ned, Is that the Bandmaster I worked on for you?
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2018, 04:19:50 PM »

Ned, Is that the Bandmaster I worked on for you?

Bob - the Showman you worked on was safely in my garage, and my Tremolux in the music room. This Bandmaster I'd bought was butchered badly, but brought it back and it sounded great as a 2x12 open back combo in the Newell Cabs.

Had both of those other '65 Fenders been in the storage locker, this would have been a lot worse.

Moved my KW181 sub, Farfisa Compact Duo and an Alto SXM112 out last night; will have the rest of my gear out by Sunday.

If you haven't, write down all your serial numbers. Take pictures of your amps - chassis stamps, transformer codes, etc. All can be helped to recover later. I'm about to put a "WTB" ad on craigslist looking for a vintage amp...

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2018, 08:00:42 PM »

Bob - the Showman you worked on was safely in my garage, and my Tremolux in the music room. This Bandmaster I'd bought was butchered badly, but brought it back and it sounded great as a 2x12 open back combo in the Newell Cabs.

Had both of those other '65 Fenders been in the storage locker, this would have been a lot worse.

Moved my KW181 sub, Farfisa Compact Duo and an Alto SXM112 out last night; will have the rest of my gear out by Sunday.

If you haven't, write down all your serial numbers. Take pictures of your amps - chassis stamps, transformer codes, etc. All can be helped to recover later. I'm about to put a "WTB" ad on craigslist looking for a vintage amp...

So sorry Ned. That must suck... I hope whoever stole the gear gets their comeuppance.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Craig Hauber

• Mondak Sound Design - Plentywood MT/Grenora ND
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2018, 01:56:06 PM »

Also it's now time to start checking all the pawnshops.    -And yes I know that visiting all LA area ones would turn into a full-time career so maybe start with just south bay ones in hopes that the thieves didn't want to sit in LA traffic for hours trying to get downtown or to the valley.
Craig Hauber
Mondak Sound Design
-Live PA
-Installs
-Theatre

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2018, 01:56:06 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.