ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: wedge / floor monitor case  (Read 5302 times)

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
Re: wedge / floor monitor case
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2018, 01:53:43 PM »

I'm sitting around cooking up more applications for this, as well. . .

Edit:

P.S.  Just realized that you can roll these in double stacked, and then unload the top case BEFORE you have to take it down.  And you can reverse the process on the out.  Now i want these everywhere on everything.  :)
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Kevin McDonough

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2018, 02:19:46 PM »

yeah, we have very similar ones for d&b M4s to what was pictured at the start of the thread, the two halves split apart horizontally to reveal the wedges, rather than having to lift a lid off.

Each side has it's own 4 wheels so they just wheel apart and roll open. It does mean that the case is a bit chunky and has 8 wheels overall, but thankfully M4's are fairly light and easy to handle so the overall package is perfectly manageable.

Despite the triangular nature of the wedges, its a fairly easy to build case, two rectangles and no weird angles, and as long as you put the wedges in the correct way the two triangular shapes fit in against the gaps left by each other its nice and secure and solid.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 02:31:56 PM by Kevin McDonough »

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2018, 03:21:45 PM »

I like that hinged lid a lot.  I appreciate that the lid is captive so you aren't futzing around with them and getting them miss matched and lost.  The three piece pull over cases, like the new Martin Minis can be challenging, especially once the cases start to get worn out.  The Martin ones serve a function so you can pin together line array blocks while they ride around in the trays, but I've seen wedge cases made in the same style.

The clam shell cases are slick, but I think they're most appropriate for super heavy wedges where there will always be at least two people getting them out of cases.  Nobody should buy heavy wedges that take two people to get them out ever again.

thomas d.

Bullshit.  One able bodied person can remove a Clair 12AM from the case.  The awkward part is that the case wants to roll away when you replace the monitor... which is true for any "side slide" case.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Brian Hancock

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2018, 10:27:20 PM »

Okay, this is new....

I like it.  I can see where it would take a little more floor real estate to open, but not much.  And one guy can easily load and unload the case without ever picking up any part of the case.  I also like that, while it's a unique design, it's pretty self-explanatory. 

i'm fairly sure i'd be "reminding" stagehands quite often to not leave them lying around open so they don't get bent/destroyed.  But there are always tradeoffs.

Slick.  I love seeing new ideas....

Edit:

P.S.  Just realized that you can roll these in double stacked, and then unload the top case BEFORE you have to take it down.  And you can reverse the process on the out.  Now i want these everywhere on everything.  :)

done this is exactly what I was looking for this is perfect!!

I had something in my mind like the clamshell case but it didn't fold and had side entry with slam latches ... but this is way better the unload before install is awesome ... I'll probably follow up with a pic ... feel free to keep sharing everyone !!

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2018, 10:31:56 PM »

For our L-Acoustics wedges (X8, X12, X15 HiQ) we designed some cases with hinged tops, that open to the sides.

Yuck.
I'm sorry, but I would never accept a case like that from a rental company.
The clamshells are the best solution, and that's why all the big boys do it that way.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2018, 03:47:49 PM »

yeah, we have very similar ones for d&b M4s to what was pictured at the start of the thread, the two halves split apart horizontally to reveal the wedges, rather than having to lift a lid off.

Each side has it's own 4 wheels so they just wheel apart and roll open. It does mean that the case is a bit chunky and has 8 wheels overall, but thankfully M4's are fairly light and easy to handle so the overall package is perfectly manageable.

Despite the triangular nature of the wedges, its a fairly easy to build case, two rectangles and no weird angles, and as long as you put the wedges in the correct way the two triangular shapes fit in against the gaps left by each other its nice and secure and solid.

Those look pretty good, just missing wheel cups on the top.

Here’s our M4 cases:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
-Andy

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2018, 09:03:25 PM »

I have wrangled Andy's M4 cases.  The show was good.  Re-wrangle M4s and cases.  Truck loaders hand stacking M4 cases?  Glad I wasn't one of them...

Shameless plug - if Rain hasn't been in your community before, kindly suggest them (or request a return visit).  The show is well done, entertaining and fun.  The crew tend to be agreeable folk, too. 8)
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2018, 02:01:50 AM »

I have wrangled Andy's M4 cases.  The show was good.  Re-wrangle M4s and cases.  Truck loaders hand stacking M4 cases?  Glad I wasn't one of them...

Shameless plug - if Rain hasn't been in your community before, kindly suggest them (or request a return visit).  The show is well done, entertaining and fun.  The crew tend to be agreeable folk, too. 8)
Oh c’mon! M4’s are about the lightest wedges out there, Tim! (They sound great too!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
-Andy

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2018, 02:01:50 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 23 queries.