ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Equipment for inner city school play  (Read 2997 times)

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
Re: Equipment for inner city school play
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2018, 07:33:35 PM »

I think it's probably correct that the JRX speakers were installed when the installed speakers should have/could have been fixed instead. Only whoever installed then didn't understand that the install system was tri-amped and after disconnecting everything else, only sent the high frequency signal to the JRXs. That was the case a year ago at least.

Wow!!!

You / they really need to bring in someone who really knows what they're doing at this point, not the friend of a buddy who is a DJ or installs car audio or someone from a local music store who wants to sell what ever has been setting on showroom floor for the past year.

Jordan Wolf

Equipment for inner city school play
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2018, 11:22:09 AM »

Taylor,

Where is the school located?

I think it might be easier to rent a turnkey system (maybe even w/ an operator) than piece something together from scratch.

See if the system works out, then invest in something of similar quality.

This is what my wife’s school does - rent gear to supplement the installed gear.

This year, they have an X32 vs the Yamaha MG series mixer I was forced to use in the past.

We bring in 12-20 channels of Shure ULXP wireless and patch them into the existing console.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 11:25:26 AM by Jordan Wolf »
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Taylor Phillips

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2018, 03:46:37 PM »

Taylor,

Where is the school located?

I think it might be easier to rent a turnkey system (maybe even w/ an operator) than piece something together from scratch.

See if the system works out, then invest in something of similar quality.

This is what my wife’s school does - rent gear to supplement the installed gear.

This year, they have an X32 vs the Yamaha MG series mixer I was forced to use in the past.

We bring in 12-20 channels of Shure ULXP wireless and patch them into the existing console.
The school is in Jacksonville, FL.  I had suggested to my friend to rent a system, but he says the auditorium system has been fixed and has been used for a couple of events.  They were not using it all before - always bringing in one from somewhere else.  I'm waiting to see when I can get a chance to check out what they actually did. 

Lyle Williams

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2018, 03:49:29 PM »

MG mixers and GTD mics may be entirely appropriate for a school play...

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2018, 11:16:07 PM »

MG mixers and GTD mics may be entirely appropriate for a school play...
Yep, I use one for dance company recitals and such when there aren't many inputs.  I have 6 and a 16 channel ones.  Throw and go.

Unless someone is getting sophisticated with scenes and such a fancy digital board could be overkill.  They aren't doing all kinds of fancy effects and mixing.  Just a few wireless lavs (all the same so no need for elaborate individual eq) and maybe some SFX off a laptop.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2018, 11:16:07 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.