ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: A new basss horn  (Read 2571 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: A new basss horn
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2018, 11:51:49 AM »

Has it ever been used for an actual music event?  Or was it just a labor of love?

It was proof of concept for a TLA government agency that needed portable ELF.  It wasn't intended to be used for musical performance but I'm sure the DSL guys put a J-series horn on either side of it and played some tunes  ;)
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2018, 02:03:10 PM »

This is from an "ad".  So it must be true.

It must be a new way to measure sound-I guess.

"During the sound check a glass front was dematerialized to light. Now the insurance did not want to pay. They say dematerializing is not insured. I do not think so."

https://www.facebook.com/RealHornsSoundSystem/photos/a.1452799804947391.1073741832.1395659493994756/2191922014368496/?type=3&theater
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2018, 05:42:12 PM »

Back in the '50s the military played around with weaponizing ELF.  Some very large horns were put up on towers and aimed at buildings in a field.  I think this was in Menlo Park or somewhere in the area, back when it was much more rural and there was open land to play with such things.  I've always wondered if the Matterhorn was another swing at a similar concept.  Not that anyone would be able to say.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2018, 08:06:54 PM »

Back in the '50s the military played around with weaponizing ELF.  Some very large horns were put up on towers and aimed at buildings in a field.  I think this was in Menlo Park or somewhere in the area, back when it was much more rural and there was open land to play with such things.  I've always wondered if the Matterhorn was another swing at a similar concept.  Not that anyone would be able to say.
The military would never tell us what the intended application was.

My guess (based on the need for a 16-18Hz warble tone and to be totally self contained (speaker-amps-generator) in a shipping container, was that it would be used to mask convoy movements.

But I could be totally wrong.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2018, 08:06:54 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.