ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Mic Bags / Cases  (Read 10056 times)

Mal Brown

Re: Mic Bags / Cases
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2018, 01:04:51 PM »

The EWI was not the cheapest and I am running it full...  truck pack wise it was a very practical buy.  I have a tub of NEC. Where a few other DI’s live and also some odd ball mics Senn 441, old AKG C-3000’s , Audix SCX-25, etc..   that tub lives in the house and only comes out when the gig warrants...
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

Mike Monte

• My website
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2018, 07:34:18 AM »

Are there any good cases out there for non-58-shaped mics?

I need something for e902s, e904s with clips, e906s, etc.  A bit of storage for things like LP Claws would be great, too.

I'm currently using handgun cases for mics shaped like 57s and small diaphragm condensers. I guess that will work for the 609/906 shape also.   I keep my RE20 and 421s in their original cases and throw those cases in a suitcase.

I've been thinking about getting some Pelican-style tool boxes with the little foam cubes for my Sennheisers e-mics.  They're on sale this week at Crappy Tire.  Can I do better in the $150 price range?

I use the mic pouches that came with the mics....  Sm58's/57's/Senn e835's/604's/AudixD6 all live in their own pouch with their specific mic clip.
In storage I have two black "milk crates" for mics; one for my e835's (my usual go-to mics), and one for my 57's,58's, and drum mics.
When a gig comes along (as in yesterday's gig in Boston) I print the list of gear needed, go to storage, and put the needed mics in a black scuba bag (similar to this https://dipndive.com/tusa-roller-duffle-bag.html ) from my scuba days. 

The scuba bag has a heavy duty zipper that has never failed (over 30 years old) and since it is a bag, I can put it almost anywhere when packing the truck.

After a gig I remove the mics and clips from the stands and put them "loose" in the scuba bag.  When I go to storage I put the mics/clips in their individual cases, crates...

BTW: I'm small-potatoes....

Wes Garland

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2018, 10:28:12 AM »

Wow!!  Thanks for the great thread, I am super glad I asked.  I also appreciate the link to the "show us your mic cases" thread. :)

Now that I have a better sense of the options waiting for me, I decided to pass on the local sale of the Pelican-knockoffs (the sale wasn't amazing)....I am most tempted at this point to do a custom build at mycasebuilder.com which seems to be a very good value.  But for this, i will wait until I have finished this round of mic purchases (damn you, Sennheiser! You are really bad for GAS!) and then do something nice.

My big thing with organization is that I need cases that show me clearly when something is missing. I am kind of paranoid about losing stuff. I've never lost anything expensive, but I'm pretty sure I have littered this town with a few hundred dollars worth of mic cables, extension cords, and so on, over the years.

The person with the case with the tom clips mounted vertically -- an interesting use of the space!  I may very well do this.  I have been looking at drum mic package cases, and I find they aren't very space efficient.

Wes

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
Mic Bags / Cases
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2018, 01:28:08 PM »

Like Mike, I am a small operator.
I keep all my mics in the original pouches. For mics with odd mounts, the clips live in the pouch too as do the clips for my “Wedding mics” (cosmetically clean - only used for Corp or weddings). The mics travel in the pouches.
The pouches are stored in smaller flip crates. One for Shure utility mics, one for Heil, one for AKG and Senheiser and one for odd shaped (like VP88).
For gigs I have 3 ways I transport. Festivals get the mics & DIs in drawers of a work box. Other gigs thy are either in a section of an EWI M40 series case or a smaller “pull toy” case.
Like Mike, I print out a packing list and pull what I need from storage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Alec Spence

• Herts, UK
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2018, 06:21:56 AM »

I keep all my mics in the original pouches. For mics with odd mounts, the clips live in the pouch too as do the clips for my “Wedding mics” (cosmetically clean - only used for Corp or weddings). The mics travel in the pouches.
The pouches are stored in smaller flip crates. One for Shure utility mics, one for Heil, one for AKG and Senheiser and one for odd shaped (like VP88).
Similar, mine all live in their mic pouches.  For quick ID, I colour code the zip pulls on each with electrical tape.  For me, that means red for drums, green for guitar mics, purple for e935s, yellow for SM58s.  If I was feeling more destructive, I'd colour the pouches more permanently.

The next thing that would help me, but I've never found suitable options, would be to have bigger pouches to group together the pouches in their groups.  It would make finding the right mic rather quicker.

Franklin Benjamin

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2018, 07:37:33 AM »

Similar, mine all live in their mic pouches.  For quick ID, I colour code the zip pulls on each with electrical tape.  For me, that means red for drums, green for guitar mics, purple for e935s, yellow for SM58s.  If I was feeling more destructive, I'd colour the pouches more permanently.

The next thing that would help me, but I've never found suitable options, would be to have bigger pouches to group together the pouches in their groups.  It would make finding the right mic rather quicker.

Try undercover nyc.  They will make a padded pouch at any size that you request.

Jim Rutherford

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2018, 11:37:52 PM »

After trying to keep them in their bags, in utility bags, in small cases, I finally decided to get a specific mic case.  I ended up going for the SKB 24 mic case.  I’m glad that I did.  After some simple cutting to fit odd sized mics, most everything had its place. I still had to keep the horn mics in their pouch. My utility bag fits perfectly in the large pocket, hold clips...

One specific problem was fitting the wireless mics.  They are to long to fit in the standard mic cut out.  So I had to remove the foam from underneath and a bit out of the foam in the lid.

Now my problem is how to hold all the new mics thanks to the Sennheiser mic sales.

Franklin Benjamin

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2018, 10:55:22 AM »

After trying to keep them in their bags, in utility bags, in small cases, I finally decided to get a specific mic case.  I ended up going for the SKB 24 mic case.  I’m glad that I did.  After some simple cutting to fit odd sized mics, most everything had its place. I still had to keep the horn mics in their pouch. My utility bag fits perfectly in the large pocket, hold clips...

One specific problem was fitting the wireless mics.  They are to long to fit in the standard mic cut out.  So I had to remove the foam from underneath and a bit out of the foam in the lid.

Now my problem is how to hold all the new mics thanks to the Sennheiser mic sales.
Why don't the wireless mics live with the receivers?

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2018, 01:09:03 PM »

Why don't the wireless mics live with the receivers?

I second the question.

My wireless rack has a drawer for mics, belt packs & lavs.  Not all my gigs require wireless.  For those that do, I know I have all the pieces in one place.

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

Jim Rutherford

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2018, 11:56:55 PM »

My wireless rack doesn’t have a drawer .

It’s just easier for me to keep them all together.  My set up doesn’t very (same band) so I don’t have to configure what to bring. 

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2018, 11:56:55 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.