ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: No pockets, no belt: how to place the bodypack?  (Read 3231 times)

Milt Hathaway

• http://www.fitzcosound.com
Re: No pockets, no belt: how to place the bodypack?
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2018, 11:28:11 AM »

Here's the poor mans version I've been using at the local high school for the last few years.

That's brilliant! Having the company/school logo on it would be even better, but then it wouldn't be free.
--
Milt
FitzCo Sound, Inc.
Midland, TX
http://www.fitzcosound.com

John Fruits

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2018, 11:30:36 AM »

For some additional reading might I suggest a couple of threads from another forum:
BODY PACKS and NAKED GUYS
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2018, 03:59:31 PM »

The Bra is my usual go to. Now if you end up with a Woman who has no pockets, no belts and no bra, then you are in a pickle ( and have one rather bold woman ). They are usually relegated to holding it or having it taped to them. Fun times. Just remember to be very respectful and avoid the #Me Too behaviors. I.E. don't ask to attach it to their underwear.......
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2018, 04:05:10 PM »

The Bra is my usual go to. Now if you end up with a Woman who has no pockets, no belts and no bra, then you are in a pickle ( and have one rather bold woman ). They are usually relegated to holding it or having it taped to them. Fun times. Just remember to be very respectful and avoid the #Me Too behaviors. I.E. don't ask to attach it to their underwear.......

Uh... Isn't a bra underwear? Yeah, I know what you're saying - just having a little fun. 
Respect is of utmost importance.

Jerome Malsack

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2018, 06:43:23 PM »

I have also requested for the mother of the bride to advise the tailor who is altering the dress to make matching cozies to pin to the dress.  This avoids the problem of labels in the pictures.  They can also make a tube to feed the mic cable in to help hide this some also. 

Jean-Pierre Coetzee

• Classic LAB
  • Gauteng, South Africa
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2018, 04:41:04 AM »

I have also requested for the mother of the bride to advise the tailor who is altering the dress to make matching cozies to pin to the dress.  This avoids the problem of labels in the pictures.  They can also make a tube to feed the mic cable in to help hide this some also.

In this case why not have the tailor make a pouch on the inside of the dress in the first place?
Audio Technician
Word & Life Church

"If you want "loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw------

If you want "watts"-then plug in a toaster"
- Ivan Beaver

Wes Garland

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2018, 08:12:56 AM »

You know...........given what they cost and what they're used for, wedding dresses should come with bodypack pouches as standard equipment!!!

Steve Ferreira

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2018, 01:09:47 PM »

I have clipped belt packs on bras a few times. Doing an event once where I had to clip multiple mics onto multiple people. Majority were younger females still in College or University. One of them just pulled the back or her Lulu Lemon pants out and told me to clip it there. I didn't know if she meant the pants or her thong  ;D

David Allred

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2018, 01:14:37 PM »

Contact your local warden, he (she) may have a few ideas of where you can hide stuff.

Al Torrance

• http://www.artaudio.ca
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2018, 01:31:56 PM »

FWIW. Under wigs are another possibility. This depends on he size of the transmitter packs. You need to put the pack in a meshed bag and then hairpin the heck out of it. Did this for a CATS production. All of the cast were in bodysuits and the director didn’t want to see the bulge from a waist pack. 

Good luck.
Al Torrance
Owner/Operator
www.artaudio.ca

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2018, 01:31:56 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.