ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New lighting board from Eaton/Zero 88 FLX series  (Read 6592 times)

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2018, 11:54:47 AM »

Any queries let me know.
Edward

Zero 88 Product Support

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac
admin

Edward Smith

• Zero 88
Re: Posting Rules
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2018, 03:34:56 PM »

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac
admin

Hi Mac,

Apologies. John Fruits mentioned there are strict rules on company reps, hope there’s no issue with me being part of the community.

Edward
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 03:52:34 PM by Edward Smith »
Edward Smith
Zero 88 Product Support
Eaton Lighting Systems

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: Posting Rules
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2018, 04:30:25 PM »

Hi Mac,

Apologies. John Fruits mentioned there are strict rules on company reps, hope there’s no issue with me being part of the community.

Edward

Not at all, we welcome company representatives. Participation by people who work for the companies being discussed are a good source of accurate information, we require real names of everyone to post. Including your company affiliation in a sig line lets everyone know that you may have direct information that is valuable.

Mac

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
Re: New lighting board from Eaton/Zero 88 FLX series
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2018, 09:59:58 AM »

Yep, and it looks like you'll be able to drive this with a tablet as well right out of the box - no additional networking equipment needed.  If more brands follow this trend we might see more offerings along the lines of the lighting equivalent to the Behringer X Air and Soundcraft Ui Series.  It'd probably be a welcomed upgrade to those using Luminaire...or drive the Luminaire developers to add the professional features that are currently missing.

And that's the downside to tablet control - with no flying faders I can see easily misinterpreting the status of the console.  Like many, I only use tablet control of my Congo Kid for focusing and making minor adjustments from a different point of view, but looking to the Chauvet market, many may want to drive the show via tablet and only use the console surface as a backup, much like how I use my A&H Qu-Pac.  The thing is, I see no reason why flying faders has yet to really penetrate the sub-$10,000 level of console.  Given the explosion of $2-4000 digital mixers, all with motorized faders, there's no reason that lighting can't follow suit.  At least with lighting, things are 100% digital - no preamps or stageboxes/mixracks to drive up a system's price. 

As I think we all know, the budget/MI level of consumer drives the majority of this market based on where the money is, so if more MI-level users start getting into lighting and demanding more features from their products (that are now more affordable), we might see a complete overhaul of mid-level to entry level pro desks much like what the X32 did to sound back in the 2012-14 timeframe.  There's been a tremendous gap in product offerings at this price point for some time, so we'll see what happens!  If I had to guess, I'd say Chauvet is one of those companies that could just push such a revolution.  Time will tell!
Agreed - the price gulf between full featured desks and their software counterparts - $10,000+ vs. almost free - is silly.  There are some wings that partially bridge the gap - Martin/Elation M-Touch, MA PC wings, etc., but there is no self-contained desk that's reasonably full-featured yet.  It will happen, but I'm not convinced the Colorsouce/Cognito or these products are it quite yet due to pretty significant feature limitations compared to the real platforms.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: New lighting board from Eaton/Zero 88 FLX series
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2018, 09:59:58 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.