ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: China amp  (Read 4435 times)

Kevin Conlon

• Thanks for being here
China amp
« on: April 15, 2018, 03:51:10 PM »

Anyone know who they copied on this?
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/cheap-price-4-channel-1300w-switching_60473245990.html?spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.90.d9872336yGmUe2
I know some of these companies do OEM but i don't know this amp. I might get one and see how it does for that price. (plus 100.00 ship)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 05:08:45 PM by Kevin Conlon »

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
Re: China amp
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 03:53:44 PM »

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/cheap-price-4-channel-1300w-switching_60473245990.html?spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.90.d9872336yGmUe2
I know some of these companies do OEM but i don't know this amp. I might get one and see how it does for that price. (plus 100.00 ship) You have to copy and paste, sorry.

Look like an attempt at a lab gruppen ripoff.
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Dennis Wiggins

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 04:14:01 PM »

I know some of these companies do OEM but i don't know this amp. I might get one and see how it does for that price. (plus 100.00 ship) You have to copy and paste, sorry.

The purchase history shows most have been sold to India.  Perhaps someone from there can report their experience.

I wish Peavey would make a 4U 4 channel IPR with simple 40hz hipass.

-Dennis
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 04:17:04 PM by Dennis Wiggins »

Kevin Conlon

• Thanks for being here
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 04:32:04 PM »

Look like an attempt at a lab gruppen ripoff.
I saw lab copies i recognized. Also saw 5050 QSC that sold well in india. Anyone here from there?

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 04:36:51 PM »

I recall last century when chinese manufacturers would come into the PV booth and try to sell me their idea of a modern power amp (heavy transformer and heatsink, modest power). Back decades ago their attempts were laughable but since then the west (us) have taught them how to make amps that don't suck. While there may always be QA issues.

This theft (rampant borrowing) of IP is finally a trade issue on the table for negotiation again. My apologies if I offend anybody.

JR

Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Tommy Shannon

• Marketplace
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2018, 05:02:05 PM »

I recall last century when chinese manufacturers would come into the PV booth and try to sell me their idea of a modern power amp (heavy transformer and heatsink, modest power). Back decades ago their attempts were laughable but since then the west (us) have taught them how to make amps that don't suck. While there may always be QA issues.

This theft (rampant borrowing) of IP is finally a trade issue on the table for negotiation again. My apologies if I offend anybody.

JR

Yes -- agreed!! Whatever a person's political persuasion, I would hope we can all find common ground on the issue of IP theft that has gone on too long in consumer, commercial, and military technology.

Kevin Conlon

• Thanks for being here
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2018, 05:07:43 PM »

JR
Can they replicate things that are discontinued by OEM without patent problems? We rebuilt Japan after WW2 and they kicked us in the but with electronics. The new leadership does seem to want to deal with this. No politics, good thing as this could go off the deep end.

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2018, 05:34:57 PM »

Japan's kicked our ass in the home electronics game because their hardware was not only unique, but well designed and well built. With the exception of a few US companies, Marantz, Harmon Kardon, MacIntosh, etc., the Japanese entry into consumer electronics in the late 60's early 70's revealed that history was in the making. I was in Vietnam at the time and remember very well shopping at the Navy Exchange in Atsugi Japan and being in disbelief at the choices available for stereo and quad hi fi's. We all had plenty of money and yen was 360 to a dollar. I bought some of the best (at the time) JVC and Sansui components available and still had plenty of money left over.

We also pulled liberty in Tiawan. Everything from the U.S. was copied and sold for pennies on the dollar. Hell, we could buy knockoffs of Fender Telecasters for $7, 3600nt at the time. China steals our products, reproduces them with a slight twist, then sends them to us full of cheap components for sale at ridiculous prices. All manufactured by people who work for less than the cost of a bowl of rice and a company dog house to live in.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Kevin Conlon

• Thanks for being here
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2018, 06:05:28 PM »

Japan's kicked our ass in the home electronics game because their hardware was not only unique, but well designed and well built. With the exception of a few US companies, Marantz, Harmon Kardon, MacIntosh, etc., the Japanese entry into consumer electronics in the late 60's early 70's revealed that history was in the making. I was in Vietnam at the time and remember very well shopping at the Navy Exchange in Atsugi Japan and being in disbelief at the choices available for stereo and quad hi fi's. We all had plenty of money and yen was 360 to a dollar. I bought some of the best (at the time) JVC and Sansui components available and still had plenty of money left over.

We also pulled liberty in Tiawan. Everything from the U.S. was copied and sold for pennies on the dollar. Hell, we could buy knockoffs of Fender Telecasters for $7, 3600nt at the time. China steals our products, reproduces them with a slight twist, then sends them to us full of cheap components for sale at ridiculous prices. All manufactured by people who work for less than the cost of a bowl of rice and a company dog house to live in.
I love my 76 Ibanez. I remember Japan= good, Tiawan= cheap. Some of the companies on alibaba brag about using american and tiawan parts. Seems they are trying, too bad they are stealing. I have a friend who works half the year in China as QA, he can't comprehend the conditions.

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2018, 06:09:59 PM »

Just for perspective the yen-dollar is now roughly at parity so you were buying hifi gear for $0.36 a dollah.....

Japanese manufacturing killed my kit business (back in the 80s) because their assembled poop was cheaper than my kits of loose components.

But this is a cycle of life....  in the early days of the US we ripped off european IP... and built it cheaper in the "colonies".  ::)

The good news is the truly poor people benefit from this shifting trade. We don't appreciate how wealthy we are. But fair is fair and even China is getting wealthy now, time for them to pay some forward to poorer nations.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2018, 06:09:59 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.