ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: China amp  (Read 4544 times)

Kevin Conlon

• Thanks for being here
Re: China amp
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2018, 06:15:03 PM »

Just for perspective the yen-dollar is now roughly at parity so you were buying hifi gear for $0.36 a dollah.....

Japanese manufacturing killed my kit business (back in the 80s) because their assembled poop was cheaper than my kits of loose components.

But this is a cycle of life....  in the early days of the US we ripped off european IP... and built it cheaper in the "colonies".  ::)

The good news is the truly poor people benefit from this shifting trade. We don't appreciate how wealthy we are. But fair is fair and even China is getting wealthy now, time for them to pay some forward to poorer nations.

JR
Agreed,and maybe some pollution control.

Mal Brown

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2018, 06:40:38 PM »

Japan was kicking our manufacturing ability in the tail in the 70’ laregely because they learned Continuous Process Improvement... see Demming.  Detroit laughed him outta town...the Japanese listened.
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

Peter Morris

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2018, 07:12:55 PM »

Look like an attempt at a lab gruppen ripoff.

Yes it is - its a Lab Gruppen rip off.  Given that Behringer now owns Lab Gruppen I find this a little amusing. Have a look at some of the legal cases Behringer was involved in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behringer

Sanway make quite a few of these https://www.china-sanway.com/FP14000-Class-TD-Professional-Power-Amplifier-pd393583.html

Their quality is much better than the one shown in the link.  Think in terms of about 700 - 800 USD
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 07:19:13 PM by Peter Morris »

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2018, 07:22:50 PM »

Japan was kicking our manufacturing ability in the tail in the 70’ laregely because they learned Continuous Process Improvement... see Demming.  Detroit laughed him outta town...the Japanese listened.
Old news... not just Kaizen (the Japanese thang about continuous improvement that they didn't need to learn from us) but SPC (statistical process control) and more statistical QC technology after Deming that all helped. Don't get sucked into the "they beat us fair" meme... currency exchange rate and tariffs made a huge difference in their favor back then, still not completely level.

We still did (do) pretty damn good considering the stacked deck for all these decades, and we are helping poor nations get less poor, while unskilled laborers here don't feel very charitable about that wealth transfer from their paychecks. 8)

JR

PS: I once got in trouble at a supervisors meeting (in my last day job) when our fearless leader declared that the recovery of our domestic passenger car business was because they finally embraced quality control. ::). I was dumb enough to point out the huge tariffs on imported vehicles,  which is also why japan moved brands upscale (to support the high tariffs with higher list prices) and then later built their own pickup truck factories here.  The US tariff on imported light trucks is something like 25% still (fair?) which explains why detroit likes selling us big expensive pickup trucks, instead of small cars...  :o 

PPS: The only reason I moved to MS was because the consumer electronics business was already lost to the Japanese so I decided to make a last stand in the sound reinforcement business. Ironic perhaps that Peavey eventually ended up sending me to China to help set up manufacturing there. I have met the enemy and he is me.  ::)
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Dave Scarlett

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2018, 07:41:55 PM »

These products have come up here a number of times. It would be interesting to have one of our very experienced users take a look at some of these amps for example. If we eached chipped in $10-$20 to buy a sample it would be pretty interesting I'd say!

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2018, 08:49:00 PM »

Can they replicate things that are discontinued by OEM without patent problems?
Lab Gruppen is still making the FP10000Q
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

David Buckley

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2018, 08:54:24 PM »

If one searches on aliexpress for 4 channel 1300w switching power amplifier then one gets a picture of something very similar, but for rather more than a hundred bucks.  Guess that's what happens when you don't want a container-load.

This link may work:  https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4-channel-dj-professional-lab-gruppen-fp6000q-700w-4-switching-mode-supply-power-amplifier/32800774564.html  ... and its funny some of the words in that link!  Words like gruppen...

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2018, 12:29:59 AM »

These products have come up here a number of times. It would be interesting to have one of our very experienced users take a look at some of these amps for example. If we eached chipped in $10-$20 to buy a sample it would be pretty interesting I'd say!

I can't imagine anyone jumping on that bandwagon. To spend $1000 on an amp with  cheap capacitors and an attached power cord is not a consideration.  For smaller budgets $1000 is a big purchase and tossing it in the garbage when it breaks would destroy any economies in the purchase.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 10:09:40 PM by Scott Holtzman »
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2018, 08:49:44 PM »

For smaller budgets $1000 is a big purchase and tossing it in the garbage when it breaks would destroy any economies in the purchase.

Not to mention the potential expense of replacing drivers, should the knock-off protection not be up to snuff.

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

Richard Turner

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2018, 10:40:21 PM »

Not to mention the potential expense of replacing drivers, should the knock-off protection not be up to snuff.

Dave

I get the same feeling when I see the $400 Chinese air-plasma torches on sale at harbor freight et al. How many hours before one of the circuit boards grenades inside and takes the whole machine with it.
Looking at retiring. Local PA market has shrank to 2 guys with guitars and bose l1 compacts or expecting full line array and 16 movers on stage for $300... no middle left going back to event DJ stuff, half the work for twice the pay.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2018, 10:40:21 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.