ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Seismic Snake Products and carrying small IEM monitor rig  (Read 5961 times)

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
Re: Seismic Snake Products and carrying small IEM monitor rig
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2018, 06:18:33 PM »

To this post and the 2-3 before it....

I promise you, I got this... ;D ;D

A lot of these post mine included turned into general guidelines for anyone else out there listening in and not directly aimed towards you.

Let me know if your show is coming to Mid West Ohio anytime this summer.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 06:21:07 PM by Mike Caldwell »

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2018, 09:09:21 PM »

To this post and the 2-3 before it....

I promise you, I got this... ;D ;D

Yeah, you already got the girls.  ;D 8)
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Ed Hall

• Classic LAB
  • Lansdale, PA
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2018, 09:43:24 PM »

Don't you realize that many people ONLY want to "MIX THE BIG ROCK BAND and meet the girls?

They have no reason to learn how things work or how to fix them, they just want to mix, and they "think" they know everything about acoustics and how loudspeaker behave, but have never looked at anything scientific, or attended a class etc and simply don't CARE to take any time to actually LEARN.  That is boring.

They just "go by feel" and HOPE it turns out right.

HOWEVER-learning the basics will carry you A LOT further, with the ability to many different jobs.

To bad many don't feel that way, or want to learn.

For me it was always “Why?” I always needed to know why things worked the way they did.  I still need to know why.

Once I got to the faders, after learning a lot of whys, then I started to go by feel. I still often mix with my eyes closed.

I can't change reality just because you don't like it!

Geri O'Neil

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2018, 07:47:19 AM »

"A lot of these post mine included turned into general guidelines for anyone else out there listening in and not directly aimed towards you."

"Yeah, you already got the girls.  ;D 8)"

Yes, I did, and a couple of very nice ones...

As well as my girlfriend of almost 19 years. I intended that response to be kinda general, but it didn't come out that way, did it... Oh, well, what's a Geri O post without a little jack-a$$ry on my part... :-\ ;D

Mike, we'll probably be mostly in the southeast for the rest of this year, but I'll certainly let you know of we venture out further and in your direction.

Tim, I'm definitely intending on providing the console, split, mics, stands, and cables, asking only for power drops. We are about to have a few rehearsals (well, as soon as a couple more sets of IEM buds come in) to make a "Start File" for the mixer. I plan to have the rack-mounted X32 rack and S16 stage box (I anticipate 22 channels) form factor with 2 routers and 2 iPads (gotta have backups, ya know). I have all of the gear, except for that split snake and it looks like I've found a Rapco 32-channel snake that I can get for a couple of favors and make a split snake from it.

My biggest concern is a quick deployment and load-out of the rig in a festival situation. I've definitely been on the end of a group struggling to get their rig up and running in a timely manner, and as a lot of guys here have had to do, step in and offer assistance to do so. I've even done that a couple of times while waiting for my band's performance slot. Which is fine. I just don't want to be that muso getting the evil eye from the soundco because we can't get our rig up and running.

And part of my responsibilities with the now-part-time job at the production company I've been with for 24 years is repairs, maintenance, and out-fitting gear for reliable service. I keep trying to pull back from production work, but hey, they signed me up for a Meyer clinic coming up in May. I'm really looking forward to that.

I'll post back with our progress and experiences as we rock along. As always, thanx to everyone for the ideas and the big heads-up on Seismic. As always, and now more than ever, you get what you pay for, no doubt.

Take care....

(would love to fix the orientation of this pic, but no matter how I save the pic on my notebook, it attaches like this...)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 07:55:43 AM by Geri O'Neil »

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2018, 05:38:45 PM »

I plan to have the rack-mounted X32 rack and S16 stage box (I anticipate 22 channels) form factor with 2 routers and 2 iPads (gotta have backups, ya know). I have all of the gear, except for that split snake and it looks like I've found a Rapco 32-channel snake that I can get for a couple of favors and make a split snake from it.
Geri,

If your Rapco deal does not go through, I have a 75' x 15' Pro Connex that I converted to a split snake that would go cheap. IIRC it is 20 channels- just 10% short of what you need ;^).

Also have a nice 75' x 15' Horizon transformer splitter snake with multi-connectors on the fans. Also only 20 channels. 
One of the above snakes may also have AC taped to the 75' leg.

Was planning to list them here in the marketplace, but blew out my left knee (again), so it will be a while before a proper photo shoot and details.

Good luck with your monitor system and gigs!

Never heard of Lull basses before, gave them a rotation so we don't have to wrench our necks :^)

Art

« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 05:44:57 PM by Art Welter »

Terry Martin

Seismic Snake Products and carrying small IEM monitor rig
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2018, 09:29:47 AM »

We have X32R, 4 chs IEMS, mic/stand/cord package, and CBI “ear splitter”.   Hand the split to FOH and basically done with monitors. 

The CBI gear has been great for several years now. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve Eudaly

• Headline Productions
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2018, 09:56:25 AM »

Assisted with a (very talented) support act a couple days ago that was self contained outside of the FOH console and racks and stacks. They brought a monitor rig and handed over a set of tails from a Seismic Audio split to hit our stage box.

It took me what felt like an eternity at the end of the set to get that thing un-patched. The connectors fit overly tight and were so fragile I had to take my sweet time as to not break them.

Another +1 for buying used or getting a "cheap" passive split from a reputable manufacturer. Hardwired fans will save you lots of money on the build if you don't need disconnects.

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2018, 03:29:49 PM »

It took me what felt like an eternity at the end of the set to get that thing un-patched. The connectors fit overly tight and were so fragile I had to take my sweet time as to not break them.

Yep as I said earlier Seismic connectors are crap. I think it's the shell that is too thick and causing them to bind up.

To  be honest I could care less about their Seismic connectors but I don't want one to get stuck in my snake and damage my connectors.

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2018, 05:30:32 PM »

Yep as I said earlier Seismic connectors are crap. I think it's the shell that is too thick and causing them to bind up.

To  be honest I could care less about their Seismic connectors but I don't want one to get stuck in my snake and damage my connectors.

A lot of "B" brand connectors have a lip on the male.  Run something like a pencil from the base of the pins to the edge of the connector.  There is usually a lip/ridge just at the mouth of the connector.
I've also found flares on the end of the female connector.  Neutrik and the good Switchcraft don't have those shell imperfections.  I also think the good connectors have a harder/tougher alloy. That is just an impression with no basis in fact.

frank

William Schnake

• Schnake Sound & Light
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2018, 10:46:23 PM »

We as sound providers will pitch in, make their system work for the show so they can move on to the next show and repeat the process again.

Sounds Oh so familiar.

Bill
Bill Schnake - Owner Schnake Sound & Light

Avid/Crown/EAW/EV/Midas/RCF/Shure/Yamaha

schnakesound.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2018, 10:46:23 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.