ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Martin Lighting Dealers looking for quote  (Read 3221 times)

William Schnake

• Schnake Sound & Light
Martin Lighting Dealers looking for quote
« on: April 11, 2018, 10:57:48 PM »

Hi, we are in the process of upgrading from 'DJ' movers to Pro movers.  We would love to be able to afford the Mac Viper Air, but that is probably way out of our budget.  I am interested in pricing the Martin RUSH MH1 Profile Plus. 

Please send your price including shipping to:

Schnake Sound & Light
4916 West State Route 97
Springfield, IL  62707

Please either PM me here or email me at: schnakesound at schnakesound dot com

We are interested in 1 to buy and try.  If that works out we will be purchasing 9 more.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bill
Bill Schnake - Owner Schnake Sound & Light

Avid/Crown/EAW/EV/Midas/RCF/Shure/Yamaha

schnakesound.com

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
Re: Martin Lighting Dealers looking for quote
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 07:38:29 AM »

Hi Bill, I'm not a dealer and have no vested interest, but have you considered the Chaucer Rogue Series?  Pricing is roughly comparable to the R2X Spot. I've never A/B'd the two though. Flip side, comparing the MH1 and Viper is apples and oranges - two fixtures for two completely different applications. If you truly need the horsepower of a Viper than the MH1 (or R2X) will likely disappoint.

Why not demo through your dealer instead of buying a single fixture?  I'd figure that'd save you both time and money, and get you what you really want!

Please disregard if you've already done a demo and are happy with the MH1.  Good luck!

William Schnake

• Schnake Sound & Light
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 09:52:52 PM »

Hi Bill, I'm not a dealer and have no vested interest, but have you considered the Chaucer Rogue Series?  Pricing is roughly comparable to the R2X Spot. I've never A/B'd the two though. Flip side, comparing the MH1 and Viper is apples and oranges - two fixtures for two completely different applications. If you truly need the horsepower of a Viper than the MH1 (or R2X) will likely disappoint.

Why not demo through your dealer instead of buying a single fixture?  I'd figure that'd save you both time and money, and get you what you really want!

Jeff, all very good points.  We are starting to do shows that are requesting the Viper.  So far this year we have 4 shows that all are requiring the Viper.  Cost wise I just don't want to put that kind of money in to a light system that is only used a few times a year.  What we are doing is going to the middle ground.  Something better that the Chauvet DJ series, but not at the level of the Viper.  So our corporate and and festivals that can afford a better show are paying for it and we get a good ROI.

I will have to find out who my Martin dealer is, I didn't even think of going that route.

Thanks for all of the advice.

schnakesound.com

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 10:58:17 PM »

Jeff, all very good points.  We are starting to do shows that are requesting the Viper.  So far this year we have 4 shows that all are requiring the Viper.  Cost wise I just don't want to put that kind of money in to a light system that is only used a few times a year.  What we are doing is going to the middle ground.  Something better that the Chauvet DJ series, but not at the level of the Viper.  So our corporate and and festivals that can afford a better show are paying for it and we get a good ROI.

I will have to find out who my Martin dealer is, I didn't even think of going that route.

Thanks for all of the advice.

Bill have you looked at the Chauvet Pro Maverick MK1?  It is a hybrid fixture like the viper.  2 Prisms decent optics.  It doesn't look like a 10k Viper but design wise it fills the same spot.  It's about a 3k box and it's sad the Pro stuff still says Chauvet on it because it is not in the same class as the DJ stuff. 

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

William Schnake

• Schnake Sound & Light
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 07:02:02 AM »

Bill have you looked at the Chauvet Pro Maverick MK1?  It is a hybrid fixture like the viper.  2 Prisms decent optics.  It doesn't look like a 10k Viper but design wise it fills the same spot.  It's about a 3k box and it's sad the Pro stuff still says Chauvet on it because it is not in the same class as the DJ stuff.

Hey Scott, I have not, but I will.  Appreciate the help.

Bill

schnakesound.com

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 08:25:34 AM »

Agreed.  Chauvet DJ and Chauvet Pro are nearly two separate companies.  We use a significant amount of the Pro fixtures, but only a couple DJ models, and only for very low budget, low priority applications. 

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Experience is something you get right after you need it.

veditor78

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2019, 10:35:05 PM »

I'm curious. Did anyone on this board sell anything to Bill Schnake? Did you get paid?
Josh Rawls

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2019, 10:35:05 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.