ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Sub Rental Advice  (Read 2701 times)

Jerome Malsack

Re: Sub Rental Advice
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2018, 06:33:56 PM »

If you use some of the new amps like a Crown xls 2500 you can set the amp crossover for low pass. 

Matthias McCready

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2018, 09:03:21 AM »

... except we don't know what console the OP is using, so the thought "I am not worrying about getting speakers with a built-in crossover because I have a digital console" is worrisome. Even more so when the OP first said he would "work the crossover and EQ it."

That being said, he's only asking about sub choice and not commentary on the system setup and design, so maybe I need to shutttup. :P

-Ray

The console is a GLD80, so yes no native crossover (as Scott pointed out), but the console is also running Waves Soundgrid. And not wrong to call me out I gave very little information (which was dubious), to be honest, this little rig is only for an auxiliary room and in the grand scheme of the event is quite small, bigger fish to fry :-) I will make sure it sounds good, but attentions are elsewhere.

Do those JBL boxes have a high pass filter?

The SRX's offer a fair amount of processing, if I remember right, it has 20 bands which can be setup either as parametric or a crossover? Someone correct if this number is way off.
Measure twice, and cut once; this is especially important if you are a mohel.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2018, 09:22:44 AM »

Can you not get hold of a JBL PRX sub for rent 618/718/818xlf ? It compares very favorably with the KW181- and includes a built in HP.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2018, 09:22:44 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 21 queries.