ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Can you freestyle lighting with a midi controller  (Read 4124 times)

Steve Garris

Re: Can you freestyle lighting with a midi controller
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2018, 03:03:49 PM »

Another Magic 260 fan.  I keep an XP PC just to run the software.  That board has a ton of features for the price point.

Unfortunately mine just took a dump on me, right at the beginning of a show! I'm shipping it to SoCal for repair.

I ended up changing two trees of lights to an auto fade program, then I plugged them both into a little Wallmart remote I carry with me. I just switched them off between songs, so the lights ended up still looking good.

Kevin_Tisdall

• Milford, CT
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2018, 12:16:34 PM »

If I'm not mistaken, he wants the fade between scenes to be set manually. I need this feature too. When I was playing with Luminaire, I believe there is a way to control the fade rate manually, but possibly not easy or quick to get to it. On my Magic 260 controller, I can make scene changes and adjust the fade rate by simply moving a fader on the controller. I'm hoping Debbie D chimes in as she knows Luminaire.

Correct.  I read the manual, viewed every tutorial I could find and have driven my wife crazy with blinking lights in the family room.  I could be wrong but I find that the fade rate and time is global for a sequence, not per scene.   If you are not running a sequence, pressing a scene button instantly turns on that scene.  Pressing another instantly goes to the next.  Would be handy to program a scene fade-in/fade out that is saved with the scene.

--Kevin

Steve Garris

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2018, 03:23:51 PM »

Correct.  I read the manual, viewed every tutorial I could find and have driven my wife crazy with blinking lights in the family room.  I could be wrong but I find that the fade rate and time is global for a sequence, not per scene.   If you are not running a sequence, pressing a scene button instantly turns on that scene.  Pressing another instantly goes to the next.  Would be handy to program a scene fade-in/fade out that is saved with the scene.

--Kevin

Unfortunately you have few choices in the low-cost dmx controller market. I went through all of this when I purchased my Magic 260, which can manually fade between scenes and also has a master fader. The only other board that I know of, where you can adjust the scene fade rate manually on the fly, is the ADJ Operator 192. Keep in mind that this is still a cheap, limited controller:
https://goo.gl/ywKLFR

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2018, 03:23:51 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.