ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27   Go Down

Author Topic: New Yamaha DZR range!  (Read 88221 times)

Bradford "BJ" James

Re: New Yamaha DZR range!
« Reply #130 on: August 21, 2018, 06:41:40 PM »

Hello,
You are in Canada I believe. What will you be selling these DZR 12's for ?

Thanks,
Mike

Is that a trick question? Canadian$ MAP is $1549. I can't advertise them for less than that.
Happy to discuss off the forum though. I'm easy to track down.
Proud Canadian dealer for Danley Sound Labs, A&H, Yamaha, QSC, Yorkville and more.

Bradford "BJ" James

« Reply #131 on: August 21, 2018, 07:43:44 PM »

One other little niggle. I wonder if there will be reports of these rolling off the front of stages. Because of the shape, in monitor position someone resting their foot on the top of the wedge can easily start these rolling back towards the front of the stage. And they don't stop till they're facing the opposite direction.
DSR's don't move.
There is going to have to be a considerable sonic improvement for me to go all in on these.
Proud Canadian dealer for Danley Sound Labs, A&H, Yamaha, QSC, Yorkville and more.

Kent Clasen

« Reply #132 on: August 21, 2018, 09:56:44 PM »

Can’t imagine where they got that idea from...Nexo PS15

Gordon Brinton

• ID Verified
    • Raw Depth Sound and Raw Depth Video, Carlisle, PA
« Reply #133 on: August 22, 2018, 04:42:33 AM »

One other little niggle. I wonder if there will be reports of these rolling off the front of stages. Because of the shape, in monitor position someone resting their foot on the top of the wedge can easily start these rolling back towards the front of the stage. And they don't stop till they're facing the opposite direction.
DSR's don't move.
There is going to have to be a considerable sonic improvement for me to go all in on these.
I don't think that it will roll that easily. It's got just as much flat area to sit upon as any other wedge. (Of coarse, we won't know until we actually have one to push against.)

If some moron pushes it over with his foot, I hope he tumbles along with it. Then perhaps a lesson learned.
Member since 2005.

Jay Marr

« Reply #134 on: August 22, 2018, 09:16:26 AM »

May not be easy to tell without bringing them out on the road (so maybe this is a question for the future), but do the DZRs seem to have the additional output (139db) that Yamaha is stating in the specs?

And if they do go louder, how do they hold up at that volume.

(thanks for entertaining the questions)

Bradford "BJ" James

« Reply #135 on: August 22, 2018, 10:21:56 AM »

Jay, I probably won’t be able to wring them out for a bit, but will report back when I do. I’d imagine NA dealers will be seeing these immediately.

Grills, ya I think a light spray with the garden hose or a gentle wash in a tub would clean these up. Durability might be fine provided you’re using covers or cases for transport. The foam/fabric is glued on, so not removeable by itself.

Jay Marr

« Reply #136 on: August 22, 2018, 11:08:02 AM »

Jay, I probably won’t be able to wring them out for a bit, but will report back when I do. I’d imagine NA dealers will be seeing these immediately.

Grills, ya I think a light spray with the garden hose or a gentle wash in a tub would clean these up. Durability might be fine provided you’re using covers or cases for transport. The foam/fabric is glued on, so not removeable by itself.

Thank you sir.

Steve Eudaly

• Headline Productions
« Reply #137 on: August 22, 2018, 01:29:23 PM »

The fabric/foam covered grill looks to be more in the style of modern L'Acoustics boxes as opposed to old Nexo/d&b, which should prove to be pretty durable.

Richard Penrose

« Reply #138 on: August 22, 2018, 02:57:12 PM »

I'm looking to possibly buy a pair of the DZR12's myself. I'd be very interested to know the following :-

1/ Does the DZR12 have a noticeably higher output to the DSR112?

2/ How does the self noise compare between the DZR12 / DSR112 and Yamaha DXR15?

3/ Does the DZR12 go deeper than the DXR15 like the specs imply?

Steve Crump

« Reply #139 on: August 22, 2018, 05:52:46 PM »

I'm looking to possibly buy a pair of the DZR12's myself. I'd be very interested to know the following :-

1/ Does the DZR12 have a noticeably higher output to the DSR112?

2/ How does the self noise compare between the DZR12 / DSR112 and Yamaha DXR15?

3/ Does the DZR12 go deeper than the DXR15 like the specs imply?

No kidding. Looking at the specs makes me wonder where the weak links are...I mean for a guy like me doing music in the park/city type events that will never exceed 500-600 people in support of the local/regional 4-6 pc band and then sometimes the golf course ballroom with no more 200 in  attendance. This speaker seems to have great frequency response for such a small box, price seems reasonable, rotatable horn just in case, high measured SPL, manageable weight.
I have been wanting to put together an active rig that I can some how figure out how to fit all of it in my minivan for some shows, so I can leave the trailer at home. Had narrowed it down to the RCF HD32, but the Yamaha DZR has that idea on pause.
I just can't wait to hear real world reviews. Is it providing quality sound, level of output as implied, how does it sound when pushed? I am really looking forward to reading a review when someone has had it out in the wild doing something similar to what I do, or something more. Of course I know I am preaching to the choir on this one.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 06:22:15 PM by Steve Crump »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #139 on: August 22, 2018, 05:52:46 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 25 queries.