ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27   Go Down

Author Topic: New Yamaha DZR range!  (Read 88214 times)

Richard Penrose

Re: New Yamaha DZR range!
« Reply #180 on: September 19, 2018, 04:00:39 PM »

No problem Debbie :) Yes it would be good to hear how the DZR's compare to the DSR's (though I'm not in the market for the DSR's).

I looking forward to comparing them out at a rehearsal tomorrow night at our venue.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #181 on: September 19, 2018, 04:09:47 PM »

No problem Debbie :) Yes it would be good to hear how the DZR's compare to the DSR's (though I'm not in the market for the DSR's).

I looking forward to comparing them out at a rehearsal tomorrow night at our venue.

That is when they will shine I am sure.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Richard Penrose

« Reply #182 on: September 19, 2018, 04:21:20 PM »

Yep this is what I'm anticipating based on my experiences this afternoon.

Bradford "BJ" James

« Reply #183 on: September 21, 2018, 12:10:17 PM »

Hi guys. I've been comparing both the DXR15's and DZR12's at our 350 seater venue this afternoon.
Wow, great and detailed observations.
I've just come off a busy weekend festival and a couple  corporate gigs this week, so haven't had time to add some thoughts till now.
I used the DZR12's with a pair of the little new DXS12MKII. Another smallish outdoor venue-about 300 people.
I used the subs on an aux LPF@ 100hz, and the DZR HPF also at 100hz. What a great little system for the size. The DZR's obviously outrun the little subs (2 more would have been about perfect) but it was better then adequate and I got several compliments on how good the system sounded, and comments about the small size.

So far it looks like Yamaha has another winner. Would love to hear some reports about the DZR10's.
Proud Canadian dealer for Danley Sound Labs, A&H, Yamaha, QSC, Yorkville and more.

Richard Penrose

« Reply #184 on: September 22, 2018, 08:09:00 PM »

I took the DZR12’s out on a gig tonight and am very impressed with them! I used them for a band that I have used my DXR15’s extensively. The bass player went straight into the PA through a TC Electronic BH250 bass amp head and during his sound check he noticed that the DZR12’s go noticeably deeper with more punch than the DXR15’s. When the vocalists were soundchecking people noticed the vocals sounded much clearer than normal but without the plastic hyped high end! I found I didn’t need the vocals to be turned up as much as with the DXR15’s to cut through and they sounded much more intelligible!
Overall the DZR12’s sound deeper, punchier and tighter with a much smoother high end than the DXR15’s. The mid range is also vastly better on the DZR12’s and they go noticeably louder.

John Ferreira

New Yamaha DZR range!
« Reply #185 on: September 22, 2018, 08:16:46 PM »

I took the DZR12’s out on a gig tonight and am very impressed with them! I used them for a band that I have used my DXR15’s extensively. The bass player went straight into the PA through a TC Electronic BH250 bass amp head and during his sound check he noticed that the DZR12’s go noticeably deeper with more punch than the DXR15’s. When the vocalists were soundchecking people noticed the vocals sounded much clearer than normal but without the plastic hyped high end! I found I didn’t need the vocals to be turned up as much as with the DXR15’s to cut through and they sounded much more intelligible!
Overall the DZR12’s sound deeper, punchier and tighter with a much smoother high end than the DXR15’s. The mid range is also vastly better on the DZR12’s and they go noticeably louder.

Thanks for the info but it makes more sense to compare the DZR to the DSR, because the DXR are in a lower league.
I would also be curious on a comparison between DZRs and JBL SRXs.
John Ferreira

Luis_Marquez

« Reply #186 on: September 22, 2018, 10:30:09 PM »

Thanks for the info but it makes more sense to compare the DZR to the DSR, because the DXR are in a lower league.
[/quote]
+1

Bradford "BJ" James

« Reply #187 on: September 22, 2018, 10:53:54 PM »

I was hoping to do a comparo between the DSR and DZR, but I ended up selling all of them before I had time to do that.
Proud Canadian dealer for Danley Sound Labs, A&H, Yamaha, QSC, Yorkville and more.

Greg_Cameron

• Cameron Pro Audio
« Reply #188 on: September 23, 2018, 04:50:38 AM »

One thing the SRX-p has over all these boxes in this league is larger format compression driver - 1.5" exit with a 3" diaphragm behind it. That was a major reason why I chose the SRX over anything else out there at the price point. It's going to have more upper mid/high frequency grunt with a true medium format compression driver. That may not be what many need, but it's going to cut through better on loud stages for monitor use and have better throw outdoors compared to a 1" exit driver with a 2" or smaller diaphragm. Seems the lower end boxes these days are going down as small as a 1.4" diaphragm which is not what I'm looking for. Given my druthers, I'd have boxes with a 2" exit compression driver and 4" diaphragm. But that's a lot more $$.
"Procrastinators of the world - contemplate uniting!"

Cameron Pro Audio

Scott Olewiler

• Trust me, it will be loud enough.
    • 4th Street Sound
New Yamaha DZR range!
« Reply #189 on: September 23, 2018, 10:12:39 AM »

...have better throw outdoors compared to a 1" exit driver with a 2" or smaller diaphragm.
Wouldn't the size /shape of the actual horn have more impact on this than  the driver size?  The DSR already performs better than it should in the real world based on the specs.  We all know that.

I see no reason to assume the DZR can not perform as well or better than the  SRX based solely on the specs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 10:15:02 AM by Scott Olewiler »
We're here to deliver the sound equipment. Who has the check?

ProSoundWeb Community

New Yamaha DZR range!
« Reply #189 on: September 23, 2018, 10:12:39 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.