ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27   Go Down

Author Topic: New Yamaha DZR range!  (Read 88213 times)

Bill Hornibrook

Re: New Yamaha DZR range!
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2018, 03:46:12 PM »

Well at least they got the handles right on the 12" two-ways this time.

Is Dante a big deal? Is anyone using it? I like the fact the Yamaha lets you opt out, so I guess it isn't a big deal if you don't want it.

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2018, 03:48:34 PM »

Well at least they got the handles right on the 12" two-ways this time.

Is Dante a big deal? Is anyone using it? I like the fact the Yamaha lets you opt out, so I guess it isn't a big deal if you don't want it.
I'm using the crap out of it. It's kinda the greatest thing ever if you have more than your typical bar-band setup.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Richard Penrose

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2018, 04:15:39 PM »

Yawn.

CDDLIVE series; powercon, dante, networkability, rotate horn, coax, FIR, wooden, ~$1.5k

This ^

Better than what QSC did to their K series though. MUCH bigger yawn. :P

Yes the CDDLive series is a fantastic product but unfortunately too heavy for me. The CDD Live 12 is 28kg vs the DZR12 at 21.4kg. 

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2018, 04:20:51 PM »

Yawn.

CDDLIVE series; powercon, dante, networkability, rotate horn, coax, FIR, wooden, ~$1.5k

This ^

Better than what QSC did to their K series though. MUCH bigger yawn. :P

Does anyone have MAP on the line yet?  I was getting ready to pull trigger, this may change things.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2018, 04:28:47 PM »

The 10s sound interesting.  If they go as loud (with subs) as the DSRs that could be a very nice compact set up.  Killer small bar vocal only, and then over subs for decent sized gigs.

I'm envisioning one of these over an Orbit Shifter or TH118 in a DJ setup.  Might look silly but get back some transport space that the big bin took up.  Or maybe over the Captivator 212 for bands.  Enough rig for the gig is getting easier to carry all the time.

James Paul

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2018, 04:41:27 PM »

No pole mount cup on the DZR 3-way models. JBL SRX835P, EV ETX-35P, and QSC KW153 have pole cups.

FWIW, passive versions http://www.yamahaproaudio.com/global/en/products/speakers/czr_cxs_xlf/index.jsp

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2018, 05:05:39 PM »

No pole mount cup on the DZR 3-way models. JBL SRX835P, EV ETX-35P, and QSC KW153 have pole cups.

FWIW, passive versions http://www.yamahaproaudio.com/global/en/products/speakers/czr_cxs_xlf/index.jsp

Maybe I'm dense, but I don't see a 3way model.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

James Paul

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas

Mark Wilkinson

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2018, 05:30:33 PM »

I dunno guys....I'm not seeing anything to get excited about from a SPL point of view.

This is based on a quick comparison of the DXR self-powereds, vs the CZR passives.
The boxes/drivers appear to be the same between the two, other than I don't see a passive equivalent of the DXR315.

If you look at the passive specs, the peak spl bullshit that is quoted in the DXR series drops down to the more familiar, noise/pgm/peak... bullshit...
which is a heck of a lot lower  than the DXR's claimed peak SPL, and is at least inline with the 'usual new industry specs' bullshit...

The DXR's peak SPL is clearly coming off of the HF driver only, as Chris was pointing out.....
...and you'd better have a really fast peak reading meter  ;)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2018, 05:30:33 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.