ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: SDI cable suggestions?  (Read 1534 times)

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
Re: SDI cable suggestions?
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2018, 01:51:58 pm »

Belden lists 1694F for up to 174ft @ 3G-SDI resolution (1080p/60); 255ft for the 1694A.

All of these video resolutions made my head hurt until someone pointed out to me that a 4K video signal was just 4 1080p signals set into a quad pattern.  In fact, one of the transmission methods for 4K involves splitting the signal into "Quad" and sending it down 4 1080p capable paths and then recombining the signal on the other end.  This allows you to use legacy video routers and such.

Anyway, once i grasped this concept, the 1.5G, 3G, 6G, 12G thing started to make sense.  If 1080p/60 requires 3G cable, then if i want to do 4K/30 i need 6G [4 times the number of pixels, one half the number of frames].  And if i want to do 4K/60 i need 12G. 

All of this is an over-simplification, but it helps make some of this make a little bit of sense.  At least to me...  :)
brian maddox
bdmaudio@gmail.com

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2018, 10:32:30 pm »

All of these video resolutions made my head hurt until someone pointed out to me that a 4K video signal was just 4 1080p signals set into a quad pattern.  In fact, one of the transmission methods for 4K involves splitting the signal into "Quad" and sending it down 4 1080p capable paths and then recombining the signal on the other end.  This allows you to use legacy video routers and such.

Anyway, once i grasped this concept, the 1.5G, 3G, 6G, 12G thing started to make sense.  If 1080p/60 requires 3G cable, then if i want to do 4K/30 i need 6G [4 times the number of pixels, one half the number of frames].  And if i want to do 4K/60 i need 12G. 

All of this is an over-simplification, but it helps make some of this make a little bit of sense.  At least to me...  :)

I think our shop is about to follow the rabbit down the Video Hole.  My head is hurting already.
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2018, 11:01:18 pm »

I think our shop is about to follow the rabbit down the Video Hole.  My head is hurting already.

Mine never stops....
brian maddox
bdmaudio@gmail.com

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2018, 11:48:21 pm »

Well, I ordered 150í of 1694F. Should get it in a week or so.

Itís a pretty tight squeeze down this rabbit hole Tim. Maybe some mushrooms would help?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2018, 02:51:52 pm »

Well, I ordered 150í of 1694F. Should get it in a week or so.

Itís a pretty tight squeeze down this rabbit hole Tim. Maybe some mushrooms would help?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Go ask Alice, I think she'll know...
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2018, 12:56:35 pm »

Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 21 queries.