ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Current Music  (Read 8823 times)

John L Nobile

Re: Current Music
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2018, 04:53:10 PM »

Current music? I'm discovering bands from the 70's. I just "discovered" Eloy and Nektar and I'm listening to their whole library at work.

There's so much good music from the 17th - 20th century, who's got time to listen to anything new that sounds like something you've already heard.

Steve Eudaly

• Headline Productions
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2018, 01:42:37 PM »

I listen to quite a bit of current music. It just isn't popular current music. Some examples:

Vulfpeck
Snarky Puppy
Animals As Leaders
Born of Osiris
Alison Kraus & Union Station
Paul Cauthen
Dream Theater
Symphony X

These are all great suggestions, especially the first two.

Craig Leerman

• Global Moderator
  • Do Not Read This!
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2018, 05:02:50 PM »

My favorite “new” band is Lucius.  Check out a live show of theirs on YouTube.  Try the KEXP video of the singers wearing yellow. They have a distinctive style in that both ladies sing together in unison and harmony on every song.  The guys in the band are very talented as well, cool drummer who plays just a few drums while standing up.
I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

TechWorksReno.com
Facebook.com/TechWorksReno
Pinterest.com/TechWorks0492

David Buckley

« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2018, 07:19:04 AM »

I'm torn between 60 or 50 Hz "currently"

You must be somewhere about in the middle of Japan :)

John Fruits

« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2018, 09:55:24 AM »

Then there is Broadway which was DC until A Chorus Line came along, or so the story goes.
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

Lance Hallmark

• Tampa Bay, FL
    • Hallmark Events & Entertainment
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2018, 03:58:42 PM »

I listen to many of the sub-genres of House - Tech House, Soulful House, Deep House, Nu Disco, etc... which range from hard driving funk to very Jazzy & Disco stylings that can't be differentiated from tracks made 20-30 years ago. Note that I don't put Pop & Dance Music genres in the same league as good Rock, R&B, Jazz, etc... Dance music is for moving and grooving to and the House Genres have a lot of quality tracks which sound good on quality sound systems and are not going to drive you away. When DJing, I play a lot of House remixes of older tracks along with new vocal tracks in which people of all ages are dancing to and enjoying, even though most have never heard these tracks before.
----------------------------------------------------
Lance Hallmark
Hallmark Events & Entertainment
Chamsys, Crown, Danley, EV, JTR, Powersoft, Yamaha

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2018, 04:43:43 PM »

Then there is Broadway which was DC until A Chorus Line came along, or so the story goes.

ConEd turned off its last direct current service 14 Nov 2007.

https://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/11/14/off-goes-the-power-current-started-by-thomas-edison/

I can't find a specific reference to Broadway and the end of DC service but AC was on Broadway prior to A Chorus Line.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

John Fruits

« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2018, 11:48:28 AM »

Yes.  I remember seeing advertisements for Gibson amplifiers with a 25Hz option.

Steve.
I recently learned from Ron Hebbard in another forum that in very small areas in Canada, 25 hz is still available. 
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

Daniel Levi

« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2018, 05:02:52 PM »

As for music that is current,

Last years OMD album 'The Punishment Of Luxury' is pretty great, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cU53wWb6UI
and the new work from ionnalee is great as well,  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVWOZqsIm_0

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2018, 03:02:02 AM »

I recently learned from Ron Hebbard in another forum that in very small areas in Canada, 25 hz is still available.

Even more confusing, someone once told me about a theatre he worked in which had an AC supply at one end of the building and DC at the other!

Steve.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2018, 03:02:02 AM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.