ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: SDI cable suggestions?  (Read 7092 times)

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
Re: SDI cable suggestions?
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2018, 01:51:58 PM »

Belden lists 1694F for up to 174ft @ 3G-SDI resolution (1080p/60); 255ft for the 1694A.

All of these video resolutions made my head hurt until someone pointed out to me that a 4K video signal was just 4 1080p signals set into a quad pattern.  In fact, one of the transmission methods for 4K involves splitting the signal into "Quad" and sending it down 4 1080p capable paths and then recombining the signal on the other end.  This allows you to use legacy video routers and such.

Anyway, once i grasped this concept, the 1.5G, 3G, 6G, 12G thing started to make sense.  If 1080p/60 requires 3G cable, then if i want to do 4K/30 i need 6G [4 times the number of pixels, one half the number of frames].  And if i want to do 4K/60 i need 12G. 

All of this is an over-simplification, but it helps make some of this make a little bit of sense.  At least to me...  :)
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2018, 10:32:30 PM »

All of these video resolutions made my head hurt until someone pointed out to me that a 4K video signal was just 4 1080p signals set into a quad pattern.  In fact, one of the transmission methods for 4K involves splitting the signal into "Quad" and sending it down 4 1080p capable paths and then recombining the signal on the other end.  This allows you to use legacy video routers and such.

Anyway, once i grasped this concept, the 1.5G, 3G, 6G, 12G thing started to make sense.  If 1080p/60 requires 3G cable, then if i want to do 4K/30 i need 6G [4 times the number of pixels, one half the number of frames].  And if i want to do 4K/60 i need 12G. 

All of this is an over-simplification, but it helps make some of this make a little bit of sense.  At least to me...  :)

I think our shop is about to follow the rabbit down the Video Hole.  My head is hurting already.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2018, 11:01:18 PM »

I think our shop is about to follow the rabbit down the Video Hole.  My head is hurting already.

Mine never stops....
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2018, 11:48:21 PM »

Well, I ordered 150’ of 1694F. Should get it in a week or so.

It’s a pretty tight squeeze down this rabbit hole Tim. Maybe some mushrooms would help?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2018, 02:51:52 PM »

Well, I ordered 150’ of 1694F. Should get it in a week or so.

It’s a pretty tight squeeze down this rabbit hole Tim. Maybe some mushrooms would help?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Go ask Alice, I think she'll know...
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2018, 12:56:35 PM »

Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2018, 12:56:35 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 25 queries.