ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SurgeX and Power Amplifiers  (Read 2191 times)

Robert Healey

SurgeX and Power Amplifiers
« on: March 29, 2018, 07:52:20 PM »

Is anyone using SurgeX products with large power amplifiers? Any issues with the internal breaker tripping early, etc?

We would design the system so that each 20A circuit is only loaded to 16A with the "1/8 Power" spec provided by the amplifier manufacturer.

I'm particularly interested in the SX-AX20E for sequencing and per-outlet control from Crestron or Q-Sys control system. There is a similar Lyntec product available with relays only, but it would be nice to have the surge protection.

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
Re: SurgeX and Power Amplifiers
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 08:45:36 PM »

Is anyone using SurgeX products with large power amplifiers? Any issues with the internal breaker tripping early, etc?

We would design the system so that each 20A circuit is only loaded to 16A with the "1/8 Power" spec provided by the amplifier manufacturer.

I'm particularly interested in the SX-AX20E for sequencing and per-outlet control from Crestron or Q-Sys control system. There is a similar Lyntec product available with relays only, but it would be nice to have the surge protection.
Lyntec has option for Surge-X sidecar.  It costs less than separate rack-mount Surge-X units, too.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Experience is something you get right after you need it.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: SurgeX and Power Amplifiers
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 08:45:36 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.