ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recommendations for backdrop/logo lighting  (Read 2274 times)

Rich Grisier

• Erie, PA
Recommendations for backdrop/logo lighting
« on: April 02, 2018, 04:03:30 PM »

The band I'm in has a pretty big (6'x10') backdrop with our logo on it.  I'd like to make it stand out with some lighting.  Sometimes I'll take a couple wash lights and point them towards the banner, but doesn't evenly light the banner.  I end up with some 'hot spots' of light intensity.  I'm looking for good ways to light up the banner.  Should I go with a few long light bars? Maybe some UV bars?

Here's a pic of what I'm talking about.  In this case I have a couple washes turned to light up the banner:

Steve Garris

Re: Recommendations for backdrop/logo lighting
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 01:01:53 PM »

The band I'm in has a pretty big (6'x10') backdrop with our logo on it.  I'd like to make it stand out with some lighting.  Sometimes I'll take a couple wash lights and point them towards the banner, but doesn't evenly light the banner.  I end up with some 'hot spots' of light intensity.  I'm looking for good ways to light up the banner.  Should I go with a few long light bars? Maybe some UV bars?

Here's a pic of what I'm talking about.  In this case I have a couple washes turned to light up the banner:

I would just let the front wash illuminate it like shown in that photo. If you wash the back wall, you will loose the beams from the backlighting. That light show & banner looks good to me based on the photo

Steve Garris

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 01:15:36 PM »

You could always build a lite sign, using dmx to incorporate it in your show. This video is a friend of mine. He builds and programs his shows via midi. Most of these lights are cheap Chinese led's, with some incandescents as well. The movers are spot duo's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaVRQtAtsZ0&index=12&list=UU-c7KQZJkcQtOckFydWwM9A

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 01:15:36 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 22 queries.