Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Installed Sound/Contracting

Designs for mic stand storage cart?

(1/4) > >>

Scott Hofmann:
I'm looking to build a storage cart for a dozen K&M round base mic stands with boom attachments. It will be used to transport between storeroom and stage. Anyone have any pictures or descriptions of one that has worked out well?

Mike Caldwell:
I don't have any quick pictures to attach but I have seen various designs that use PVC pipe stacked together where you slide a mic stand into each piece of pipe.

Corey Scogin:
I have one of these from Audiopile.net. It's top heavy and so must be carefully rolled over bumps but it rolls without issue on smooth surfaces.

Edit: A plus is that the vertical orientation means it doesn't take up much space.
If used for a venue, I'd consider building one about 2/3 of this height so that the stands stick out of the top for better visibility if you have different models of stands.

Scott Hofmann:

--- Quote from: Corey Scogin on March 24, 2018, 01:10:40 AM ---I have one of these from Audiopile.net. It's top heavy and so must be carefully rolled over bumps but it rolls without issue on smooth surfaces.

Edit: A plus is that the vertical orientation means it doesn't take up much space.
If used for a venue, I'd consider building one about 2/3 of this height so that the stands stick out of the top for better visibility if you have different models of stands.

--- End quote ---
Not sure how the PVC pipe designs would work with round base mic stands since it would be a real hassle to take the bases off the uprights each time and sort of defeat the purpose of quick deployment.

Bradford "BJ" James:
I'd think a design where they are stored horizontally would be space effective. Some bases at the stern, some at the bow, possibly offset a little to be able to squeeze more bases together. Some plywood frames made to hold up the stick/boom, and made onto a rolling cart.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version