ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone heard Yorkville Parasource speakers?  (Read 10096 times)

John L Nobile

Anyone heard Yorkville Parasource speakers?
« on: March 22, 2018, 06:03:22 PM »

A friend of mine is considering buying these. He wants to rent them and try them out.

I looked at them online and really don't know what to make of them. The Parasource name made me think of Danley's Paraline and I know that Yorkville does make a few products using Danley technology.

I was wondering if any Danley tech is used in that line.

Steve Eudaly

• Headline Productions
Re: Anyone heard Yorkville Parasource speakers?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 06:23:46 PM »

A local club just bought eight of the PS12P for monitor and fill duty on a smaller stage. I have only used them once but they seemed decent enough. Didn't really have any issues getting enough gain before feedback. Haven't used them as mains so can't really comment too much there.

I'd definitely want to do a more in-depth demo before buying because there are a lot of great speakers out there with similar features for a couple hundred bucks less.

David Winners

• Bryan, OH
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 07:58:17 PM »

A local sound co, Big Fish, uses PS12P and the PS18S subs for smaller events. I performed with 2 groups at a festival type show a couple weeks ago where they were providing sound.

They had 5 PS12P for foldback and 2 front of house over a pair of subs. They sounded great in both applications. Plenty of gain before feedback as wedges. Very nice sounding out front. Bill is a very experienced engineer, and he really likes them.

I think they are definitely worth a demo.

Edited for grammar.

Spenser Hamilton

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 08:12:23 PM »

A friend of mine is considering buying these. He wants to rent them and try them out.

I looked at them online and really don't know what to make of them. The Parasource name made me think of Danley's Paraline and I know that Yorkville does make a few products using Danley technology.

They are okay for what they are. Sound fine as wedges with some EQ, get loud and have fairly robust limiting. A company I work for uses them for DJ and Hip Hop gigs, that way we can leave the A wedges home.
Technical Director - Chatham Capitol Theatre/Kiwanis Theatre

Richard Turner

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 10:31:56 PM »

They are good for what they are, I think Class D amps modules, active crossover. Decent grade woofer and HF drivers. Yorkvilles a decent company and full service manuals are freely available right on their website and you can order any part you want through a dealer. The tech involved isn't cutting edge so no need for secrecy on their end.

I think that series had been out 5ish years, I'd put  them many steps above Peavey, slightly below an RCF or QSC, Just not a widely supported brand outside of Canada
Looking at retiring. Local PA market has shrank to 2 guys with guitars and bose l1 compacts or expecting full line array and 16 movers on stage for $300... no middle left going back to event DJ stuff, half the work for twice the pay.

John L Nobile

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 11:05:31 AM »

Price wise, they seem to be in the Yamaha DSR112 range. I recommended those but my buddy is impressed with the 4400 watt peak spec on the PS12P.

I've owned some Yorkville speakers over the years and I've not been disappointed. Always been a good product for the price.

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2018, 11:30:01 AM »

I've had them out and was happy enough. Much better than the JBLs PRX and about the same as the QSC K series.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Paul G. OBrien

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2018, 06:32:36 PM »

No. They have a Paraline series as well but again it's a unique design. I have used the PS12p and all of the subs, the PS12 does a good job they have a very flat voicing which makes them sound ho hum but they can get crazy loud so the advertised power specs are not inflated much if any. The PS15p is HUGH and a bit heavy at 65lbs so I have no interest in this box. I'm not crazy about the appearance of these, the box is molded plastic and the grill is very industrial looking though it does have a foam backer, but that tends to collect dust and that is something rentals seem to be drawn to(L&M don't issue covers for any rentals) so they tend to get pretty ratty looking quickly.
For subs the 15" versions.. both the singe and duals, are the sweethearts of the lineup. The 12's I don't like and the single 18" is kinda meh.. nothing remarkable. The dual 15" box totally kicks it ass.

Incidentally Yorkville is just releasing a new and improved powered Elite lineup with 2" exit compression drivers, I'm eager to get my hands one some of these.

Richard Turner

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2018, 08:57:16 PM »

I  doubt the wheel has been reinvented on those new elite powered boxes. I'm guessing still the same 1.4" exit 3" voice coil HF thats been in the last version. Just now plastic covered plywood so even easier to scratch.
Looking at retiring. Local PA market has shrank to 2 guys with guitars and bose l1 compacts or expecting full line array and 16 movers on stage for $300... no middle left going back to event DJ stuff, half the work for twice the pay.

lina wersall

• Vasteras
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2018, 06:11:32 AM »

Price wise, they seem to be in the Yamaha DSR112 range. I recommended those but my buddy is impressed with the 4400 watt peak spec on the PS12P.

Why is anyone impressed with peak spec WATT? Is he going to use them as heaters or to get sound?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2018, 06:11:32 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.