Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Audio Measurement and Testing

High Sierra with Roland Octa-Capture help

(1/1)

Kent Clasen:
I am running SMAART v7 on a Mac. Recently upgraded to 2016 MBP with only USB C type connections and  10.13 High Sierra. Now I can't connect to the Roland Octapre. I have D/L'd the latest driver and Octa Capture. Octa Capture says it can't see the device. I have a USB C>A dongle and a Sinstar mini dock USB C to A. I have tried both.

Any ideas?

I have a rational login, but the forum seems to be separate, and I can't log in...

Mac Kerr:

--- Quote from: Kent Clasen on March 21, 2018, 10:55:55 PM ---I am running SMAART v7 on a Mac. Recently upgraded to 2016 MBP with only USB C type connections and  10.13 High Sierra. Now I can't connect to the Roland Octapre. I have D/L'd the latest driver and Octa Capture. Octa Capture says it can't see the device. I have a USB C>A dongle and a Sinstar mini dock USB C to A. I have tried both.

Any ideas?

I have a rational login, but the forum seems to be separate, and I can't log in...

--- End quote ---

Find a way to get onto the RA forum, they will be more help. I run High Sierra on a 2015 MBP and Smaart 7 works fine with my OctaCapture. I just used it last week.

Mac

Russell Ault:

--- Quote from: Kent Clasen on March 21, 2018, 10:55:55 PM ---I have a rational login, but the forum seems to be separate, and I can't log in...

--- End quote ---

The forum is totally separate from my.rationalactoustics.com. You'll have to create a new user on the forum if you've never posted before.

-Russ

Kent Clasen:
I read the USB driver instructions more closely and realized there is a new Octa-Capture .dat file that updates 1.5 to 1.51! I installed that into the unit (and you also have to allow the Roland s/w to open in the Mac Security Preferences) and it works like a champ.  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version