ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Optimal Sub placement?  (Read 2802 times)

Sam Costa

• 408-849-6420
Optimal Sub placement?
« on: March 21, 2018, 06:47:36 PM »

Hello everyone,
Hoping to see if someone could chime in on whether or not this would be the optimal sub placement. I'll try and factor everything so that it will keep questions to a minimum with what type of gear, etc. etc...

80% of the shows I'll be deploying 2 - Dual 18" sub cabinets per side (passive Carvin TRX218) Traditionally I've been floor stacking these on carts I've build for ease of in and out transport of venues. Also, traditionally with the mains stacked on top with either 1 or 2 KF650's per side depending on the width of the venue and coverage needed.

I do notice the "power alley" when deployed in this manner, but being that I've got 4 dual 18" sub cabs available, would it be a better solution so that I get more constant sub coverage on a dance floor by placing all the subs directly in front of the stage on the floor or keep them to the side as I typically do and get additional subs placed in the middle (between the two stacks) ?

Running all my networking through EAW UX3600, it sounds great but would like to see if there is a better way of deploying subs for better coverage?

I also fly the mains on certain events so they are well above everyones head for larger venues and the subs stay stacked -  two floor stacked per side.

Here's a pick of a recent show a few months ago..  It sounded good but did notice some area along the front where the sub wasn't as coherent and thumping on your chest.

Being a productive member of society and encouraging others to do the same.

ProSoundWeb Community

Optimal Sub placement?
« on: March 21, 2018, 06:47:36 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.