ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Misprinted Info on Whirlwind All-In-One Signal/Power Cable  (Read 9444 times)

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
Re: Misprinted Info on Whirlwind All-In-One Signal/Power Cable
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2018, 12:18:15 PM »

I had an inspector in Texas ...  He decided to go inspect food vendors people who don't have a clue about wiring.

Fixed that for ya.
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2018, 06:19:45 PM »

Thanks, Mike.

If confronted, how do I prove that the inner jacket has a 300V rating, since it is unprinted?

I have not personally had a lot of experience with inspectors, but have been told it's their way or the highway and they can be hard to convince without evidence.

Cross-posting this, which I just posted in another thread, but is also relevant here:

Here's what seems to be the relevant section of the National Electrical Code, from Chapter 3, Wiring Methods and Materials:

300.3 (C) (1) 1000 Volts, Nominal, or Less. Conductors of ac and dc circuits, rated 1000 volts, nominal, or less, shall be permitted to occupy the same equipment wiring enclosure, cable, or raceway. All conductors shall have an insulation rating equal to at least the maximum circuit voltage applied to any conductor within the enclosure, cable, or raceway.

And here's a related article based on a different section of the code.
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2018, 01:47:00 AM »

Cross-posting this, which I just posted in another thread, but is also relevant here:

Here's what seems to be the relevant section of the National Electrical Code, from Chapter 3, Wiring Methods and Materials:

And here's a related article based on a different section of the code.

Thank you.

Dan Mortensen

Re: Misprinted Info on Whirlwind All-In-One Signal/Power Cable: RESOLUTION
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2018, 06:41:19 PM »

Thank you.

Raising this thread from the dead because it's been resolved.

The 14/3 version of this cable, which apparently has different shielded twisted pair makings, is in fact rated at 300v and that is printed on the cable. So after lengthy delay on my side, I sent back most of the original unused 12/3 and today got a reel with the 14/3. I paid shipping on the return and Whirlwind paid it on the new cable. I kept a 35' chunk to remind me of the experience.

The 14/3 costs less than the 12/3, so there is a bunch more cable in the exchange.

I am a happy Whirlwind customer, and am not obligated in any way to say that.

Jeff Bankston

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2018, 10:43:45 PM »

The "Recognized Component Mark" is a type of quality mark issued by Underwriters Laboratories. It is placed on components which are intended to be part of a UL listed product, but which cannot bear the full UL logo themselves.[6] The general public does not ordinarily come across it, as it is borne on components which make up finished products.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2018, 10:43:45 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.