ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Denon Delta/ Alto Black speakers on B&H's Deal of the Day  (Read 18085 times)

Rick Powell

Re: Denon Delta/ Alto Black speakers on B&H's Deal of the Day
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2018, 02:04:13 PM »

Ha ha ha ha .... too funny Tim but SO true.. only a greater power can help me now...Does anyone know the first step of the 12?

To admit that we are powerless over the spec sheet, and that our storage space has become unmanageable.

Marc Sibilia

• Princeton, New Jersey
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2018, 05:59:08 PM »

As to their weight, yeah, it's a bit of a lift onto the ol' tripod, but they're half the weight of the top boxes I'm used to slinging around.

I just christened mine.  I decided throw them in the truck when I went to the Princeton Enough of Gun Violence rally wondering what they had for a PA.  They expected about 500 people.  Over 2000 showed up.  They had a Fender PD250 and the speakers weren't above the top of crowd.  It wasn't close to enough.

I got there late and had to park across town.  I carried the two speakers 500 yds.  They are heavy, but not ridiculous.  They are small enough that carrying a pair is manageable.  I set them up in a couple of minutes while the first presenter talked, then switched over.  People were relieved to be able to hear.  The area was about 150 ft x 200 ft and they were just enough to carry the speeches and a little bit of singing to the back of the crowd.  They were bumping the limiters, but sounded pretty good.

I like my passive system, but powered speakers are amazingly convenient for a single microphone and a crowd.

Marc

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2018, 06:42:46 PM »

To admit that we are powerless over the spec sheet, and that our storage space has become unmanageable.

Isn't that step 1 and 2?  :D
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2018, 06:44:43 PM »

Before you send them back, Debbie, let me know.  My pair just arrived (albeit with shipping damage - to the carton only - whew!) and I'm experiencing a different kind of buyer's remorse; I should have bought another pair!

High Passing them around 80Hz cleans up some woofiness and the Contour setting pulls out some of the frequencies I'd attenuate anyway.  With a subwoofer, I think they'll work fine for smaller venues and would certainly serve well as spare monitors.

The lack of Bluetooth DSP access isn't a deal breaker for me.  It would be nice to be able to lock off the controls on the back, but I'll live.  One minor design "flaw" I see is the Mic/Line switch being in nearly the same place one might expect the XLR release latch to be.  Old habits...

As to their weight, yeah, it's a bit of a lift onto the ol' tripod, but they're half the weight of the top boxes I'm used to slinging around.

Anyway, I'm serious about taking them off your hands if you aren't thrilled with your purchase.

your "neighbor" over in High Point,
Dave
Hey Dave - I would MUCH rather see a fellow labster benefit from this deal than send them back. Not sure what I am doing yet but you are first in line if I bail.....
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2018, 08:56:38 PM »

I have a clean used Alto Maxidrive3.4PC processor you could use to process it...

...if you happen to have a win2k PC to run the software. :)
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2018, 04:16:09 PM »

I have a clean used Alto Maxidrive3.4PC processor you could use to process it...

...if you happen to have a win2k PC to run the software. :)

Thanks Mike but I'm a Mac girl.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2018, 05:18:10 PM »

Before you send them back, Debbie, let me know.  My pair just arrived (albeit with shipping damage - to the carton only - whew!) and I'm experiencing a different kind of buyer's remorse; I should have bought another pair!

High Passing them around 80Hz cleans up some woofiness and the Contour setting pulls out some of the frequencies I'd attenuate anyway.  With a subwoofer, I think they'll work fine for smaller venues and would certainly serve well as spare monitors.

The lack of Bluetooth DSP access isn't a deal breaker for me.  It would be nice to be able to lock off the controls on the back, but I'll live.  One minor design "flaw" I see is the Mic/Line switch being in nearly the same place one might expect the XLR release latch to be.  Old habits...

Anyway, I'm serious about taking them off your hands if you aren't thrilled with your purchase.

your "neighbor" over in High Point,
Dave

I didn't get a  chance to test them out properly yesterday Dave - I was so bummed because my DSR112 let me down again and the last thing I wanted to do was set up speakers. I will have a listen this week though and I'll let you know what I decide - if you are still interested.

David Allred

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2018, 08:30:01 PM »

I just christened mine.  I decided throw them in the truck when I went to the Princeton Enough of Gun Violence rally wondering what they had for a PA.  They expected about 500 people.  Over 2000 showed up. 

Marc

I saw a survey on MSN asking if I was is support of or opposed to a gun control protest.  What does that even mean?  ;)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2018, 08:45:48 PM »

I saw a survey on MSN asking if I was is support of or opposed to a gun control protest.  What does that even mean?  ;)

It means we're close to the edge of "no politics, no religion, no social issues."
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

David Allred

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2018, 09:11:14 PM »

It means we're close to the edge of "no politics, no religion, no social issues."

That is why I only referenced the odd phrasing, and made no comment.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2018, 09:11:14 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 22 queries.