ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Two TF5's and a TIO1608  (Read 3067 times)

LeVan Moxley

• King, NC
    • Moxley Production Services
Two TF5's and a TIO1608
« on: March 19, 2018, 08:22:06 AM »

Hey everyone.  I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to make this configuration work with a couple of TF5's.  I need to be able to connect a TIO1608 on stage to a TF5 at FOH and also to another TF5 for sending a separate mix for video post.  Is it possible to come out of the secondary port of a NY64D on the FOH TF5 and go to the primary port of an NY64D card in the second TF5?  Will this give me mirrored inputs to the second TF5?  Thanks.

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
Re: Two TF5's and a TIO1608
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 10:29:36 AM »

It's the same as a standard "FOH/MON" setup. Using "daisy-chain" mode, I know it's doable on the CL/QL series. I would assume that the TF would act in a similar manner. If you'd prefer to remain in "Redundant" mode, you'd want to toss a couple of switches at this.

You will need Dante Controller to make your patches, since you're asking that one input show up in two places. [Also bear in mind that this might impact your head amp control; adjustments made in one place could affect both consoles...]

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 11:18:15 AM »

Should be possible. When the Dante ports are in "daisy chain" mode it acts like a simple switch.

It is highly likely that you will need to plug them into a switch that you can put a laptop on to configure Dante. After that, you can take the switch out of the equation.

I have a room that uses a CL5 and a single Rio3224. I also have a wifi router so I can use an iPad. I simply plugged everything into the wifi router's ethernet ports, made my patches and then plugged the 3224 into the CL5 directly.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 11:18:15 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 3.532 seconds with 19 queries.