ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Peavey USB-P DI Box.  (Read 8062 times)

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
Re: Peavey USB-P DI Box.
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2018, 10:46:08 PM »

I recently was doing RF for a corporate event. They had several apple laptops as playback. Each laptop had a backup, where both were going into a USB hub. They had a special cable adapter to take into the USB DI. This way, the backup goes through the same lines.
USB hubs don't work in that direction - they connect multiple devices to a single computer, not multiple computers sharing a single device.  I don't have any idea how it could possibly work the way you are describing it.

If using the same audio lines is the goal, the analog outputs of multiple Peavey boxes can be combined using a passive summing network as detailed here:  http://www.rane.com/note109.html

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2018, 06:46:30 AM »

USB hubs don't work in that direction - they connect multiple devices to a single computer, not multiple computers sharing a single device. 
That is correct.
However, some people may not understand how USB hubs work and is why I don't see the OPs question as unreasonable.
Just because it's clear to some people doesn't mean it's clear to all.

And, no, it;s not like 2 amps to one speaker  :)
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2018, 10:22:52 AM »

I recently was doing RF for a corporate event. They had several apple laptops as playback. Each laptop had a backup, where both were going into a USB hub. They had a special cable adapter to take into the USB DI. This way, the backup goes through the same lines.
I don't know how you can get more than one computer into a USB hub, they don't even have the connectors for that.

This would be a better solution.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2018, 05:53:10 AM »

Al,

There are KVM switches that will take in multiple channels of display, audio, and control signals and allow you to toggle between them - sometimes automatically.

I think that this may have been more along the lines of what was being used, particularly for a corpy gig.
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2018, 05:53:10 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 24 queries.