ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JBL SRX815p  (Read 2078 times)

Jim Babo

JBL SRX815p
« on: March 15, 2018, 03:05:15 AM »

Hello everyone, new here and being DJing for a couple of years. I used a brand new pair of JBL SRX815Ps for a gig last Saturday and I ran them pretty good for 8 hours. About five hours into it I was getting LIMIT flash on the LCD and I smelled a funny smell, electronic. As I brought the volume down, limit would go off and no more smell. Speakers are working fine but I am a little worried about the smell and limit light. I also set the speaker main volume to 0, didn't want to touch it. Should lit be set higher than that? I used a Behringer 18 in powered sub but left the SRX setting to preset main. The manuals are not much help with these questions and hope to get some input from the pros. Thank you

Jim

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber