ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Many Yamaha consoles: Dante doubts  (Read 26564 times)

Diogo Nunes Pereira

• Barcelona, sometimes...
Re: Many Yamaha consoles: Dante doubts
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2018, 06:33:54 PM »

Are there rehearsals, and what is the backup plan if the performers can't stay together when playing En Mass?

I ask because.... (channeling one of my college professors) if you wait until you hear your cue, you'll always be late coming in.  I sang in an antiphonal choir - 2 choruses, 1 in front of the room and the other in back.  In order to sound 'right' you had to watch the conductor and pretty much ignore the other chorus.  He conducted midway between, in an aisle.  As an audience member I'm pretty sure it was best if you were within a couple rows of the conductor.

Refresh my memory - is the main mixing live for the arena, for broadcast/recording, or both?
Yes. Rehearsals today with small groups and tomorrow with the whole crowd before the show. No backup plan...

All musicians will follow the director and monitoring closeby will have mixes from the other instruments around.

Main FOH consoles (two of them) mix for the stadium. Four monitor consoles mix different sections of players (2 sections per console) and share these mixes among them.

All 6x CL5 consoles share 4x Rio3224D inputs. Only 3 consoles have access to each of these stage boxes HAs at any time, and the doubt regarding the ability to do this was the origin of this thread.

In-ear monitoring would make this whole thing a lot simpler I know, but it was never a possibility and not in my (or my client) power to demand for. For this gig I'm just taking care of Dante patching, network management, and FOH babysitting.

I usually waste space with my RF doubts in the W&C forum and Jason and many others have been quite helpful there in the past.

And yes, we're about to lose some spectrum here too... 2020 is the EU deadline for the auctions of our 700 MHz band here in Spain.

Thanks everyone for the feedback and ilumination... I'll keep you posted on how in sync things will go tomorrow, musically.

The network is rolling fine, with only 0,250 ms latency...

Diogo

Diogo Nunes Pereira
[email protected]
--------------------------
"I envy not those who own charriots, horses or land. I envy only those who drink water from every fountain." - Popular Song from Portugal

Diogo Nunes Pereira

• Barcelona, sometimes...
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2018, 04:34:16 AM »

Some more pics of this morning while getting all the kids in place for rehearsals and the 6 Cisco's SG300 at the backbone of the Dante (and all else: management, console remotes and LA-NET) network.

Diogo

Diogo Nunes Pereira
[email protected]
--------------------------
"I envy not those who own charriots, horses or land. I envy only those who drink water from every fountain." - Popular Song from Portugal

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2018, 04:34:16 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.