ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SC SI Expression Routing brain Cramp..  (Read 2582 times)

Mal Brown

SC SI Expression Routing brain Cramp..
« on: March 14, 2018, 01:19:07 AM »

Oh man...  SI3 and msb-32i.   I have a mic in stage box in 24. c8 I think.  I have the input for ch 24 on the board routed there.  I have L&R routed to stage box 11 and 12.  I have the mic in the mains.

Mix 1 routed to Stage Box output 1.  Select ch 24. Pump it up.  I have output LED’s and no volume...  layer C shows Mix 1 at unity, Mono Master at unity.

Feels like a routing issue but after a couple of hours I’m chasing my tail...  that amuses the heck out of my Golden... me not so much...

Anybody have a short course on SI Expression routing tips ?

I should probably note that this setup was working fine last season.  I decided to perform a reset, zero the board and start from scratch this year...  dope...
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
Re: SC SI Expression Routing brain Cramp..
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 12:03:36 PM »

Misc thoughts...
Check the stupid stuff first; mutes, VCAs, etc. (got the t-shirt).
Make sure your routing is actually to the SB.  If you zeroed the SI, it would default back to local.
Turn on the SB before the SI.
Try a different ethernet cable; I think a crossover cable won't work.
Check the complete routing list on screen to see if it matches the actual setup.
Re-route to local outs to make sure it is passing sound.
They held up delivery on my SB32i for a while due to some problem, so you might contact SC if your issue persists.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Mal Brown

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 12:48:15 PM »

I think I probably have to reset again.  My guess is a corrupted show file.  I have a habit of making a change, saving, making a change, saving and I think maybe my workflow is incompatible with this rig.

I’ll try turning on the Stage box and letting it sit longer before powering on the SI3.

Probably irrelevant but when I was building my show profile, I had my SI 1  connected to the MSB aux and powered up as well as the SI 3 on MSB Main.
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 03:57:15 PM »

That may not so irrelevant.
Try with just one console.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Mal Brown

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 05:33:24 PM »

I re-loaded the firmware and that got my io back.  Tried the previous show files and they don’t have the io.  So, redeveloping my show file.  This time it will be in one session, 1 save.  The iterative saving I think is the culprit.  Can’t say i’m Thrilled with that...
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

Steve Ferreira

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 10:20:38 AM »

Oh man...  SI3 and msb-32i.   I have a mic in stage box in 24. c8 I think.  I have the input for ch 24 on the board routed there.  I have L&R routed to stage box 11 and 12.  I have the mic in the mains.

Mix 1 routed to Stage Box output 1.  Select ch 24. Pump it up.  I have output LED’s and no volume...  layer C shows Mix 1 at unity, Mono Master at unity.

Feels like a routing issue but after a couple of hours I’m chasing my tail...  that amuses the heck out of my Golden... me not so much...

Anybody have a short course on SI Expression routing tips ?

I should probably note that this setup was working fine last season.  I decided to perform a reset, zero the board and start from scratch this year...  dope...

Are you trying to use Mix 1 as a group for your mic? If that's the case from input ch 24 unroute it from the L/R on the channel itself. Then go to Mix 1 and send that to L/R. Also try a reflash of the latest firmware on the console.

https://youtu.be/Luf2UoOzTEw
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 10:22:43 AM by Steve Ferreira »

Mal Brown

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2018, 07:41:34 PM »

Are you trying to use Mix 1 as a group for your mic? If that's the case from input ch 24 unroute it from the L/R on the channel itself. Then go to Mix 1 and send that to L/R. Also try a reflash of the latest firmware on the console.

https://youtu.be/Luf2UoOzTEw

Nothing magical about Ch 24 and mix 1. Ch 24 is vox5 and next to talk back on the top layer of my setup.  Mix 1 is monitor mix 1.  I was confirming my routings... 
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2018, 07:41:34 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 24 queries.