ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Combiner quality  (Read 28007 times)

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
Re: Combiner quality
« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2018, 12:53:01 PM »

[RAD hat on]
The newest hardware version, the TX-8U has significantly improved IM supression and IP3 at all output power settings, though optimal input power remains at the 50-70 mW range.
[RAD hat off] 
My supplier is saying that they can't get a price on the TX-8U, just the TX-8 and the TX 2-4U. I also don't see the TX-8U on the website. Has it not been released yet?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 12:30:14 AM by Andrew Broughton »
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2018, 07:51:46 PM »

My supplier is saying that they can't get a price on the TX-8U[/u], just the TX-8 and the TX 2-4U. I also don't see the TX-8U on the website. Has it not been released yet?

Yes; production is backlogged for TX-8U's. We expect shipping to commence in a proper manner about August. The TX-8U is simply the latest version, and although not specifically denoted that way on the website (we'll fix that soon), it is the current and only shipping (so to speak) version. Same price as the TX-8, as listed in the current dealer price sheet.
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2019, 03:30:03 PM »

Looks like Lectro has come out with a new combiner to go with their Duet system.
In speaking to them, they say that this combiner is designed to work best with their Digital system, keeping intermod as low as possible when using a digital system.
I don't understand it, but supposedly the digital transmission system has different requirements to the "regular" analog transmission of other products.
-Andy

Lyle Williams

« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2019, 04:56:50 PM »

Analogue transmitters generate a few peaks in the spectrum, so a device for use needs to accomodate a few peaks without generating too many more.  Testing is done by having a couple of test signals and measuring the intermod peaks.

Rather than being narrow peaky signals, digital is often wide swathes of spetrum.  All signal, all the time.  Digital works fine through analogue combiners, but if you want to measure the performance at the ragged edge (and find the hottest wideband signals you can push through it) then a different test method is used.  A wideband signal occupying the full bandwidth of the device is applied, with a deep and very narrow notch filtered out.  Signal levels are increased until intermod starts to fill in the notch.

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2019, 04:03:03 AM »

I skimmed through the rest of this thread and didn't see this new product mentioned. Lectrosonics has them in stock right now.

https://www.lectrosonics.com/US/lectrosonics-introduces-the-m2c-active-antenna-combiner.html?fbclid=IwAR2H4m0kl8oNbzKwVH2yAThQc8wNgN8q1GjytBqpeiaTj07VyHYjzIARhRY

How do the following combiners rate in terms of signal quality?

Shure PA821A
Sennheiser AC3200-II
RF Venue Combine-4
RAD TX-8

I would assume the RAD TX-8 would be at the top of the list, but how do the Shure and Senn compare? Anyone done or seen tests on these devices? Are there any other quality products out there that I'm missing?

My application would be the using these with LectroSonics M2-Duet series IEMs but also possibly with Shure PSM1000/Sennheiser 2000 series IEMs.

Thanks!
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2019, 11:26:45 AM »

I skimmed through the rest of this thread and didn't see this new product mentioned.

Umm... Really?
-Andy

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2019, 04:15:37 PM »

I did say skimmed. . .I may have lost focus somewhere around the 'whistling video walls' portion of this thread. . .

Umm... Really?
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2019, 01:59:49 PM »

Reviving this thread with the hope of finding someone who is/has used the PSM 1000 system with the RF Venue Combine4 system.

I've got 4 channels of PSM 1000 and am about to pull the trigger on a combiner. There's good info in here, but I wasn't able to extract any real world experience/advice about the RF Venue Combine4.

Heading out on a USA tour, smaller theaters (2500-ish cap). Want to make certain I have a stable, reliable combiner and would prefer to not break the bank (if possible). Even with deep discounts, the Shure PA421B is still nearly 3x more than the RF Venue...

Thanks in advance.

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2019, 02:49:45 PM »

Reviving this thread with the hope of finding someone who is/has used the PSM 1000 system with the RF Venue Combine4 system.

I've got 4 channels of PSM 1000 and am about to pull the trigger on a combiner. There's good info in here, but I wasn't able to extract any real world experience/advice about the RF Venue Combine4.

Heading out on a USA tour, smaller theaters (2500-ish cap). Want to make certain I have a stable, reliable combiner and would prefer to not break the bank (if possible). Even with deep discounts, the Shure PA421B is still nearly 3x more than the RF Venue...

Thanks in advance.

Mine seems to work fine. Though no matter what I do there's always some dropouts/fuzz in the IEM's it seems. My biggest improvement for that was a helical antenna (RFVenue version).
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2019, 02:58:22 PM »

Oh cool - I didn't know you had the Combine4. Good to know. And yeah, I'm definitely grabbing the CP Beam for whichever combiner I go with.

How far away is your antenna from the performers? I'll have the luxury of placing my rig side stage... I'm hoping that helps a bunch.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2019, 02:58:22 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.