ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's up with musicians and PA buying?  (Read 16163 times)

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
Re: What's up with musicians and PA buying?
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2018, 09:11:55 PM »

Most players don't know how to work a single LR Baggs Paracoustic. And they have hot output.  Three in series?  Probably the first  overloaded the input of the second, etc. I'm sure you are being extremely kind saying that it sounded like total ass.  I'm sure it was much worse than that. I'd ask what that person was thinking, but that assumes facts not in evidence.
Well, there is that...

The real shame of it was that he was a good player, the band was tight and they had a great set list.

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2018, 07:56:57 PM »

Back in 88, our college band broke up, and it was time for me to pay for our TOA MX106 Mixer and 2 speakers. Except that when we plugged it in last, it didn't work - the sound was faint, and we figured it was broken. The other guys asked for $25 each, or $75. I paid them, and then the next fall (my senior year) took it to the local music store to see if they could fix it. 2 speaker cables later... good vocal PA. (Guitar/instrument cables don't work so well between power amps and speakers...)

So I became the band member with the PA after it, and it meant I'd care about our sound. And slowly over the past years it's been a slow investment. Guitars and amps are what I'd rather spend money on, but now that I have what I need, willing to improve our bar gig PA slightly every year.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2018, 07:56:57 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 25 queries.