ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: This weeks Nor’easter  (Read 12528 times)

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
Re: This weeks Nor’easter
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2018, 12:07:57 PM »

Got the saw today and the overall construction and design is really, really good. Went up to O'Conner's and picked up chain oil, and canned gas mix. I'll run it in for a bit tomorrow if I have the energy.

This is the saw.

https://www.husqvarna.com/us/products/chainsaws/455-rancher/965030290/

Nice. I looked at that saw too and almost went for it but decided on the 450 to save a few pounds for my lower back.

O’Connors is my favorite toy store.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2018, 12:49:24 PM »

O'Conner's is great when you need something no one else has. My father and Jerry O'Conner were great friends and back in the early 50's the store was in one of the big Victorian houses in Billerica Center. Seemed like every Saturday my father and I would go their for one thing or another. The big prize was being brought into the basement to look for something in one of the hundreds of boxes of stuff Jerry had down there. eventually you always found what you needed.

O'Conner's would also sell toys on occasion. My best buddy and I found out they had the toy version of the "Wanted dead or alive" mares leg and we decided to a road trip up 3A the 2 miles to the center of town to see it. 3A was forbidden territory when you were 8-9 years old because once in a while a car would drive on it. We made it about a 1/4 mile before my buddy's father drove up behind us in his ford beach wagon, put us in the back, drove us home, and we both ended up with what was commonly known as a beating. Never did get that toy gun, and even asked Santa for it.

Here's some history;

http://www.oconnorhardware.com/about-us/history

And the age of innocence;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ-h1idHuKA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c__touv60w

BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2018, 01:31:29 PM »

I remember the squeaky floors as well. Jerry would rake out a pound of nails for you from the stacked wooden barrels into a paper bag.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

John Fruits

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2018, 02:08:08 PM »

Another plus for the Husqvarna, the sheer joy from properly pronouncing the name.  It's sort of like the joy from a half century ago when you could properly pronounce Moog Synthesizer.*

*Just for the youngun's playing along at home, it's Moog as in vogue, not Moog like a wet cow.
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

GenePink

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2018, 05:10:13 PM »

Not to rub it in......

On second thought, yeah, to rub it in, today's weather here:

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2018, 10:54:43 PM »

Gee, that's nice Gene. I hope you get a sunburn on your dick.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2018, 02:40:57 PM »

His banana plug is well tanned as you can see in his avatar.

Bob, you could be here in Kansas - where it's hot, humid and windy in the summer and cold, windy with occasional blizzards and ice storms... and windy... in the winter.  Those other seasons, fall and spring?  We're lucky if they last 3 weeks each with 4 consecutive days of consistent weather in each...

Oh, and we have tornadoes and earthquakes for your entertainment pleasure...

New England is gorgeous territory and represents a huge amount of American history.  The weather is part of the price you pay to live there.  I'm still trying to find the payback for living in the Great Plains other than relatively cheap cost of living.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2018, 06:21:55 PM »

His banana plug is well tanned as you can see in his avatar.

Bob, you could be here in Kansas - where it's hot, humid and windy in the summer and cold, windy with occasional blizzards and ice storms... and windy... in the winter.  Those other seasons, fall and spring?  We're lucky if they last 3 weeks each with 4 consecutive days of consistent weather in each...

Oh, and we have tornadoes and earthquakes for your entertainment pleasure...

New England is gorgeous territory and represents a huge amount of American history.  The weather is part of the price you pay to live there.  I'm still trying to find the payback for living in the Great Plains other than relatively cheap cost of living.
Since I've lived in both KS and MA I will only say you are correct.

The coldest I ever was in my tender sheltered life was pulling guard duty in FT Riley KS  :o.

Cheaper and warmer here in nowhere MS.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

GenePink

« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2018, 11:29:42 PM »

Great comeback. +1. My wife laughed, too.

I do wish you guys up there the best, in digging out from under. Been there (NJ), moved to TX. Gave away my snow shovel before leaving, as a statement.

So now my efforts are in eradicating fire ants, scorpions, and the occasional rattlesnake. But save the tarantulas, they help out with these problems.

And fixing flats on the lawnmower from pear cactus needles.

Gene

Tom Roche

• Behind the Zion Curtain
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2018, 07:48:16 PM »

Great comeback. +1. My wife laughed, too.

I do wish you guys up there the best, in digging out from under. Been there (NJ), moved to TX. Gave away my snow shovel before leaving, as a statement.

So now my efforts are in eradicating fire ants, scorpions, and the occasional rattlesnake. But save the tarantulas, they help out with these problems.

And fixing flats on the lawnmower from pear cactus needles.

Gene

And watch out for unattended packages.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2018, 07:48:16 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.