ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: This weeks Nor’easter  (Read 12421 times)

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
This weeks Nor’easter
« on: March 10, 2018, 04:11:16 PM »

Just got power back. Power went out at around 5:30 am on Thursday according a neighbor.

Huge number of trees down in my town. I hear it was worse in Bob Leonard’s town.

Bob, if you get on line and need help, let me know. Actually, if any of you are in the metro west area of Boston (between I95 & I495 and need help, let me know. I have chain saws and generators and submersible pumps.

We had it better than most. I have a standby generator that handles the important stuff so we were comfy. I judge by the frost lines on the propane tanks that I have another 3 days or more of fuel for it.

Thursday after lunch I walked down the street with a bunch of neighbors to look at the wreckage. Our street was somewhat passable thought not plowed. When we got to the next street we found out why... a 24” oak was down across the street. Plows could not pass.

I went back home and loaded my chain saw in the truck and proceeded to cut my way down to the oak. Then I started in on it. Deryl, my wife, dragged branches. In a bit, the neighbors that owned the tree came out with their saw and the 4 of us went at it. Soon, more folks joined in. Two and half hours later we had cleared it sufficient for emergency vehicles to get in and for us to get out.

Tomorrow I plan to go harvest some firewood.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: This weeks Nor’easter
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 05:13:39 PM »

Just got power back. Power went out at around 5:30 am on Thursday according a neighbor.

Huge number of trees down in my town. I hear it was worse in Bob Leonard’s town.

Bob, if you get on line and need help, let me know. Actually, if any of you are in the metro west area of Boston (between I95 & I495 and need help, let me know. I have chain saws and generators and submersible pumps.

We had it better than most. I have a standby generator that handles the important stuff so we were comfy. I judge by the frost lines on the propane tanks that I have another 3 days or more of fuel for it.

Thursday after lunch I walked down the street with a bunch of neighbors to look at the wreckage. Our street was somewhat passable thought not plowed. When we got to the next street we found out why... a 24” oak was down across the street. Plows could not pass.

I went back home and loaded my chain saw in the truck and proceeded to cut my way down to the oak. Then I started in on it. Deryl, my wife, dragged branches. In a bit, the neighbors that owned the tree came out with their saw and the 4 of us went at it. Soon, more folks joined in. Two and half hours later we had cleared it sufficient for emergency vehicles to get in and for us to get out.

Tomorrow I plan to go harvest some firewood.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

That is crazy Rob ... sorry for all you guys up there. Great job on taking the lead on that tree - I am sure many folks benefited and were very thankful for your efforts - Way to go Rob!!

Bob ... I hope you are OK.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 07:04:20 PM »

I'm heading to NJ for a show tonight!!!!! Sounds like snow on Tuesday and cold weather altogether. Good thing I will be indoors most of the time!!!! Perhaps my Cali swagger will scare off the Nor'easter weather :)
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 08:31:39 PM »

Wait, is this the lumberjack forum??
I know I love dropping trees!
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018, 08:37:17 PM »

Snow happens, not so much in MS...

glad you managed but is anybody surprised?

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 08:47:38 PM »

. . . Bob ... I hope you are OK.

Bob is fine. He figures while everyone else is preoccupied with the snow, he's over at Gillette stadium "working" on the visitor's intercom sys . . . Oh, sorry Bob; guess I shouldn't say anything.

Never mind.
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2018, 10:30:50 AM »

Cohen, you turkey! May all of your standing wave ratios go extremely high. I throw the curse on you.

I was in the same shape as Rob who only lives a few miles away. The generator worked fine for me so that wasn't an issue. The big problem was the oak trees and the falling limbs. Especially the limbs that fell on my wife's truck. Luckily my chain saw wouldn't start so I had the fun of cutting limbs by hand. Oldest daughters boyfriend then came over and finished the job while I moved snow. Thought I was going to stroke out. My youngest daughter just sold her house and haven't passed papers on the new house yet so they're staying in an apartment complex down the street. She got power back last night, 4 days after the outage.

Grocery stores are without power, gas stations, and everything needed is either without power or running on generators. I'm up to my ass in equipment failures, even in some of the best data centers on the planet. Oh well, there's always another day (I hope.).
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2018, 11:56:14 AM »

Cohen, you turkey! May all of your standing wave ratios go extremely high. I throw the curse on you.

I was in the same shape as Rob who only lives a few miles away. The generator worked fine for me so that wasn't an issue. The big problem was the oak trees and the falling limbs. Especially the limbs that fell on my wife's truck. Luckily my chain saw wouldn't start so I had the fun of cutting limbs by hand. Oldest daughters boyfriend then came over and finished the job while I moved snow. Thought I was going to stroke out. My youngest daughter just sold her house and haven't passed papers on the new house yet so they're staying in an apartment complex down the street. She got power back last night, 4 days after the outage.

Grocery stores are without power, gas stations, and everything needed is either without power or running on generators. I'm up to my ass in equipment failures, even in some of the best data centers on the planet. Oh well, there's always another day (I hope.).

Bob - Curses not withstanding (get in line), I'm sorry to hear of your (and Rob's) storm damages and tribulations. It sucks and I hope things can return to 'normal' as soon as possible.

(But please realize your unapologetic enthusiasm for your home teams is great fodder at times, although this was likely not one of those times.)
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2018, 02:32:00 PM »

Thanks Henry, curse removed.

Of course you realize many or most of my sports related posts are intended as fodder. Especially for guys like you who can enjoy the game (pun intended.). Hope you and the family are also well Henry. Look's like the Yankmee's are building a winning team, and the Sox have picked up a bat. Should be a great season to watch.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2018, 02:35:50 PM »

PS.

I finished with the INFOcomm weeks ago. The config password is HUT 1,2,3. Now everything said by the visiting team is broadcast through the PA and posted to the jumbo screen in seven (7) languages.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2018, 02:35:50 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 21 queries.