ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sub design for a 18 Sound 12" subwoofer  (Read 11971 times)

David Morison

• SR Forums
  • Aberdeen, Scotland
Re: Sub design for a 18 Sound 12" subwoofer
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2018, 03:48:48 PM »

Hi Chris,
Forgive me but I have no way of doing a simulation on the driver/enclosure design. Can you enlighten me a little here.
Cheers,
David

Dowload WinISD and/or Hornresp, read up on the respective helpfiles and perhaps some other online sources (This one is reasonably decent, though not entirely up to date), enter your driver data and welcome to hours of potentially frustrating fun  ;).

David Morison

• SR Forums
  • Aberdeen, Scotland
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2018, 04:56:34 PM »

Is there a schematic drawing of a sub box(es) that you are suggesting?I really want to try to have a box design that is similar to the one I posted-for ease of construction. My thoughts on this sub is that I just want to augment the low end a bit and take some of the lower-end strain off the mains-nothing earthshaking, just a little more punch.
Thanks
David

As promised, now with numbers  :)
Double checked a few details and the final box can be a tiny fraction smaller without reducing the internal volume, it's now 450mm tall rather than 470.

Good luck,
David.

PS: I haven't given dimensions for how far back to place the handles on the sides - you're best to build the box without them, load the driver and grille then balance it on a thin strip of material to find the real CG and centre the handles there. Just be careful you don't put them too far forward else you may find they foul the driver.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 04:58:59 PM by David Morison »

Dave Jackman

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2018, 06:19:19 PM »

As promised, now with numbers  :)
Double checked a few details and the final box can be a tiny fraction smaller without reducing the internal volume, it's now 450mm tall rather than 470.

Good luck,
David.

PS: I haven't given dimensions for how far back to place the handles on the sides - you're best to build the box without them, load the driver and grille then balance it on a thin strip of material to find the real CG and centre the handles there. Just be careful you don't put them too far forward else you may find they foul the driver.

Thank-you so much for all your help. This looks like a great design for my needs. The driver should arrive soon and I will get to the build.
Cheers,
David

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2018, 06:19:19 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 24 queries.