ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A&H QU24 problem  (Read 2048 times)

Kent Clasen

A&H QU24 problem
« on: March 04, 2018, 01:48:44 PM »

I have a customer with a QU24 that is maybe 1 year old. Worked fine up until today. Comes on but only the pan lights light. They go from L >R and to center by themselves. That is it. They tried a hard reset. Any other ideas? The US distributor is closed today/Sunday and the church has a service tonight. They are using a AH168 so not easy to swap out a different  console, and it is a 2 hr drive.

Thanks for your time.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: A&H QU24 problem
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 02:09:40 PM »

I have a customer with a QU24 that is maybe 1 year old. Worked fine up until today. Comes on but only the pan lights light. They go from L >R and to center by themselves. That is it. They tried a hard reset. Any other ideas? The US distributor is closed today/Sunday and the church has a service tonight. They are using a AH168 so not easy to swap out a different  console, and it is a 2 hr drive.

Thanks for your time.

The usual stuff you've probably already tried - hard reset, reload firmware, animal sacrifice (make mine prime rib).

I think you'll need to toss an LS/9 in the car, Kent.  This sounds like a hardware problem if reflashing the firmware doesn't work.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Heath Eldridge

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 02:26:34 AM »

Happened to me when doing a firmware update when my QU was brand new.

Was a full cpu replacement. Covered under warranty but glad it didn’t go at a gig.

The usual stuff you've probably already tried - hard reset, reload firmware, animal sacrifice (make mine prime rib).

I think you'll need to toss an LS/9 in the car, Kent.  This sounds like a hardware problem if reflashing the firmware doesn't work.

Kent Clasen

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 03:10:29 PM »

UPDATE (sorry old thread-but found no fault with the QU and thought someone might find this useful):

So I got another QU32 to loan the church for this QU24. I noticed it was an older REV so I downloaded the fw and stuck the thumb drive in the QU32 and noticed that the pan lights are the only thing moving/on when it is reading the fw/updating.

Huh....that is what the “bad” QU24 does. So when the 32 was done, I put the new fw in the drive and then it updated and it came back to life and worked fine!

Turns out the church had updated it a few weeks prior and left the thumb drive plugged in the desk, and somehow it tried to update itself again and maybe someone powered off in the middle or something, but it has been fine since.

So, no issue with the console.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 03:28:42 PM »

Thanks for the update on the updating, Kent.

It's nice to get a follow up post to let everyone know what did/didn't work.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 03:28:42 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 19 queries.