ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: PSA: Sennheiser e904 $99  (Read 44425 times)

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
Re: PSA: Sennheiser e904 $99
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2018, 10:06:30 AM »

The three pack is $2.95 more expensive over purchasing three individuals, odd.
Well, the other person did post it wrong. The promotional MAP is actually $99.95. So, the 3-pack is actually only 10¢ more expensive.

That being said, MAP is just that- a Minimum Advertised Price. Dealers are not prohibited from selling for less than MAP, you just cannot advertise for less than that price. If you came to me and asked me to sell you the three-pack for $299.85 (or heck, $299.00- let's make a deal!! haha) I would.

Not as odd as the e604s being on offer for the same price as the e904s were - a moment for some people to kick themselves if they missed out!
I don't think it's odd, since there's no base line "standardized discount amount" - it's Sennheiser saying, "Hey, let's celebrate with great prices" and mark different ones down. I missed out on the first half of the year's ordering because I don't get dealer promotion emails for some reason (I yelled at my rep about this. Actually, I was nice.... 'Is this something that only certain dealers are getting to participate in, or what?' haha. He apologized and sent me the sheets for both July and August.) so I don't have a reference as to what exactly the deals were through the year (as in what reductions to //cost// they offer dealers to make it worth it to us!). And sounds like everything is super back ordered, which puts me in a bit of a pickle. I mainly sell on eBay, and therefore I really only like listing things I have in stock and ready to ship. I have the e604s on order, but who knows when they will get here. But if they don't get here by the end of the month, then I won't be able to advertise them for the promotional price, but I will have them, and have paid less than normal for them...... hmmm.

I did not see anything in the literature about embargoing the details for August until it's August, so I'll let you know that August is the Drum Mic pack- normally $999.95 but will be marked down to $699.95. [Since there are other Sennheiser dealers on this forum, I will refrain from any specifics regarding my plans to order any, etc, as I don't want to appear to be soliciting sales without being an advertiser on this forum.]

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Art Nadelman

« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2018, 10:33:41 AM »

Anyone know what the August mic will be?

John Schalk

« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2018, 10:46:16 AM »

Anyone know what the August mic will be?
Ray posted above that it will be the drum mic pack in August.

I talked to a rep at Sweetwater's Gear Fest and the e609 will be one of the mics of the month.  It was on sale at Gear Fest for $89, which was a better deal, but I didn't pick one up because I am out of room in my mic case.  The e904s were a no brainer at $99, but the other offerings have just been an okay deal.  I'd love to see the e945 make the list.  I could find a way to justify a purchase of some new dynamic vocal mics.

Wes Garland

« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2018, 11:39:24 AM »

I wish they would hurry up and put the e906 on sale!  I need a couple! :)

I have been using my new e904s and e902s a lot.  I actually like that combination on Leslie speaker, using LP Claws to hold in place.

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2018, 11:57:56 AM »

I wish they would hurry up and put the e906 on sale!  I need a couple! :)

I have been using my new e904s and e902s a lot.  I actually like that combination on Leslie speaker, using LP Claws to hold in place.
I think you missed the e906 was on sale in May. :(

AFAIK. I wasn't "in the loop" then to know for sure (without having the promo flyers from Sennheiser, which as far as I am concerned, is the final word).

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2018, 09:50:59 PM »

My e904s finally arrived last week.  Wish I'd bought one more :(

My Sennheiser backorders are finally caught up and I'm glad I made the purchases when I did.

It appears as though the discounts will be less dramatic going forward.  For example, the 3 pack of e604's used to come with their own case.  Now, it's just three mics & bags.

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

Wes Garland

« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2018, 11:20:40 PM »

The 906 sale in May was a royal cluster ----.   It was "on sale", but Sennheiser sent an e-mail to the dealers saying, "whoops! no it's not, we meant the 609, don't take any more orders!" ..... I was like 45 minutes too late. !!!!! If the !!! salesman had returned my calls the day before, I would own a bunch of 906s now.  I had previously bought 904s and 902s in Feb and March. Getting lots of use out of them, nice and clear. The 902s are smaller than my 421s and RE20 and find similar uses when not on kick.  904/904/902 makes a nice Leslie mic setup.  The LF response on the 904 actually works in our favour there.

Oh well. Hoping they will go on sale for real this year sometime. Until then, I'll keep using 57s.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 09:07:33 AM by Wes Garland »

Chris Grimshaw

• Sheffield, UK
    • Grimshaw Audio
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2018, 04:37:20 AM »

Looks to me like they underestimated the popularity of the sale - they dropped the e904s to around 1/2 price, and the mics suddenly became very difficult to get hold of, so I guess it's no wonder that they're being a bit more cautious now.
The e906 thing was a disappointment - I was asleep when that all kicked off (different timezones and all that), so missed out.

Oh well. I use the e904s on cabs and they do the job nicely.

Chris
Sheffield-based sound engineering.
www.grimshawaudio.com

Wes Garland

« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2018, 09:09:59 AM »

If Sennheiser is listening.......perhaps they could offer the 906s in a 3-pack for $300.   That would reduce sales.  Or maybe limit to 2 per customer or something.

I actually passed on a used 906 for $99 right before the sale because I thought I'd be able to get one with a warranty for the same money.  Kicking myself now.

Nate Zifra

« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2018, 04:34:38 PM »

Anyone know what the September mic is?

Thanks.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2018, 04:34:38 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 23 queries.