ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha mg82cx - need help with the DSP section  (Read 1511 times)

Cristiano Barata

Yamaha mg82cx - need help with the DSP section
« on: March 02, 2018, 06:52:09 PM »

Hi, PSWC,

I am new here, and I'm in need of help with a Yamaha MG82CX mixer that I just bought second hand. This mixer is just what we needed at our theatre association. I did test it briefly before parting with the greenies, but somehow this tiny - but annoying - malfunction escaped my inspection.
The effects section has only two controls (apart from the channel sends, the on/off switch and the fx return): Effect Selector (PROGRAM - a 16 position rotary switch) and a PARAMETER pot, which is supposed to change the value of a parameter, depending on the selected effect (eg. reverb length, echo feedback, or chorus modulation speed). The sad thing is, it doesn't. From minimum to about half travel nothing happens, then if you go any farther, there's a loud "BONK" sound, and the effect disappears. So, you're stuck with very short reverbs and echoes and very slow modulation effects!
Would anyone have some knowledge about this device and be able to send some very needed help? I know a bit of electronics and I'm handy with a soldering iron.
Thank you so much in advance for ANY light any of you can shed on this problem and how to go about solving it.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 02:01:28 PM by Craig Leerman »

David Morison

• SR Forums
  • Aberdeen, Scotland
Re: Yamaha mg82cx - need help with the DSP section
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 08:37:51 AM »

The Moderators will likely lock your thread until you update your user profile to make your displayed name your real full name, as noted when you signed up and on the board itself.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Yamaha mg82cx - need help with the DSP section
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 08:37:51 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.