ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Portable battery pack - Galaxy View.  (Read 1973 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Portable battery pack - Galaxy View.
« on: February 22, 2018, 08:24:32 PM »

I have rarely used my Samsung Galaxy View since I got it over year ago because if you all remember I had terrible difficulty getting it to stay connected to my QU mixers.
David, who developed the Android QU app recently made some upgrades to his software - one of which is how it communicates with the mixer ( I think this must have been a problem for others too) and in my tests at home over the past week I have concluded that the setup is far more stable than it ever was before. So far no drop outs AT ALL!.....There are some nice upgrades to the app in other ways too and I'd like to try it at a show - maybe this weekend.

This brings me to my question.
I always take at least 1 battery pack to shows that are of an extended nature or day long festivals etc. so I don't run out of charge on my ipads. However,  I only need a small USB style pack for the Apple products - I own about 5 of them -but the Samsung uses a wall wart style charger so I can't use my usual battery packs.
I came across this and wondered if it would do the trick....assuming I get good results from the Samsung......

AC charger
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 08:43:22 PM by Debbie Dunkley »
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: Portable battery pack - Galaxy View.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 10:48:48 AM »

Used the tablet last night and - YAY !!!.. It looks like the protocol update that David did recently cured the connectivity issues I was getting. It stayed connected the whole night so now I can actually start using it with confidence - 18 months later!!.
I had both the Samsung and my iPad open last night - I was supposed to be using the iPad for FX changes but I kept using it to mix and had to force myself out of my comfort zone.
If all I did was mix. it would be easier to transition but I wear so many hats PLUS I was using my new Luminair v3 software which has caused me to change how I do things with lights PLUS we had 3 new songs that I sing on - GHEESH.

So, I ordered the charger this morning and i hope it does the trick for the lengthier shows.

BTW... because i was using Mixing Station app on my Samsung, I had 2 people come up to me and ask if I had switched to Behringer- LOL.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 10:56:32 AM »

Lookup one of these on Amazon...
Kekilo DC 5V to DC 9V or 12V Step-up Converter
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 12:46:45 PM »

Lookup one of these on Amazon...
Kekilo DC 5V to DC 9V or 12V Step-up Converter

Thanks Keith... that would have been a good alternative but I believe the Samsung is rated for 19v.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 10:27:04 AM »

I got the battery pack. I charged it to full and then connected the Samsung - started at 20% and was fully charged in no time. Battery pack still had 50%. This is EXACTLY what I wanted for shows.

Lou Kohley

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2018, 04:02:09 PM »

I went ahead and got one as well. Seems like a handy thing to have.
Amazon had some lightning deal and I got it for $64.

Thanks for the tip.

LOU

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2018, 04:02:09 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 24 queries.