ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Multi-Track Recording Solutions  (Read 3801 times)

Roland Clarke

Re: Multi-Track Recording Solutions
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2018, 02:14:10 PM »

Hey gang,

A venue I work with wants to be able to record live multi-tracks of the shows. The current provider is using an Onyx 1640i and a Mac with Logic Pro X. The Mackie Onyx is Firewire interface, which pretty much rules out a Windows computer. Since a dedicated recording computer is already available, I'd like to go with something with USB.

USB interface is the one thing I don't want to be talked out of.

I have experience with a Soundcraft Impact, and this would probably be my first choice, but I am looking for less expensive alternatives. The Impact is $2k-ish. I am not aware of any lower priced Soundcraft digital mixers with a Multi-Track interface

Soundcraft makes the Signature 22MTK, which is only $800, but for this kind of money, why not just get a Behringer X32 Rack?

This is for a performance venue that runs multiple stages for summertime festivals, so any additional utility would be welcome. This makes the X32 rack very attractive, since it can be used both with a stage box or as a stage box.

The non-mixer interface solutions, while less expensive, all seem kind of messy.

Thank you for your suggestions.

FireWire on windows is easy.  If you mean you want it to work with a laptop that is more difficult.  Most digital desks offer some sort of interface these days and quite a few don’t even need a computer, just a hardrive of memory card.  The new presonus studiolive III is one example,  behringer is another.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Multi-Track Recording Solutions
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2018, 02:14:10 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 23 queries.