ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Outdoor projector  (Read 6556 times)

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: Outdoor projector
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2018, 12:40:03 AM »

50" CRT monitors?  Can't be.

Were they 50" video cubes like Toshiba or Clarity?  Toshiba used CRT engines.  Clarity used projector engines.  4:3 aspect ratio?

Did you read the thread. 50" flatscreen LED TV monitors. Not a video wall. Not an LED panel video wall, not a matrix video wall of monitors. He is asking about alternatives that don't have the reflections on these monitors.

Mac

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2018, 07:14:37 PM »

Maybe just hang a big mirror over the cooking space at 45 degrees.  ::)
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Craig Hauber

• Mondak Sound Design - Plentywood MT/Grenora ND
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2018, 03:36:35 PM »

We did a cooking event last year with 50" or so video panels if full sunlight showing a live video feed.  It definitely was not bright enough and impossible to reduce reflections.
It will happen again this year, so...
I was wondering if projecting onto a cloth type screen would work better in this situation (no reflections).
How much power would be required?  I know this can't be answered without a distance (don't have it).
How does front projection compare to rear projection?  I imagine it isn't as bright, but easier to setup.
See if you can rent some Sunbrite TV's.  We install them in direct-sun applications for patio bars and they work quite well with sun hitting them directly.

Other than that, direct-view LED is what you would use.  In the old days I remember building large horn-shaped pipe&drape tunnel structures and doing rear-projection.  (Projector at "throat" audience at "mouth" and screen about halfway between the two.) 
Craig Hauber
Mondak Sound Design
-Live PA
-Installs
-Theatre

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2018, 05:27:23 PM »

video wall or bust......  to buy very expensive, to rent still very expensive. The more detail you want the more expensive it becomes. Outdoor in 6mm - 10mm will cost about $100 per square ft to rent with rigging and labor!!!! If you want 3mm - 4mm add some more $$$

It's typical for standard size LED walls to go for around $10k to rent after labor and rigging is factored in. A standard size wall is roughly 9' X 16" or 144 sq. ft. This is typical for 4-6mm LED walls. As you start getting to 4mm and below the price starts going up DRASTICALLY. Newer 1.5-2mm walls are selling new for close to 5K per panel ( 1.5sq. ft. ). You can imagine the cost of rental also goes up with it.

You need to know your audience distance. Most walls are rated for optimal viewing distance, or basically the distance in which the pixels are no longer viewable and you can see the whole panel as being one image. For sub 2mm walls this distance is roughly 10-15' whereas 4mm-10mm walls require as much 30-90' or so.
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2018, 01:34:26 PM »

Just your regular 50" flat panel video LCD screen.  Like the one in your living room.  The promoter rented them.  I'm just investigating something that would work better.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2018, 01:34:26 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.