ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Build a church in a week  (Read 5776 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Build a church in a week
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2018, 10:04:48 PM »

The church has a basement. This was posted in The Basement. Is that good enough for ya?

It wins the Relatively Literal Award!
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

John Fruits

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2018, 06:31:47 AM »

One further thought, in the OP it was referred to as a lower case "church", not as an all-caps "CHURCH", so if it has not yet been consecrated it isn't really a CHURCH church, merely a church.  In further  pedantry, it is possible that the basement really isn't a basement but an undercroft.  Also, if we were to discuss the musical sub-genre of "The Tulsa Sound" we would have to refer to The [C-word] Studio at 3rd and Trenton.
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2018, 01:35:27 PM »

Also, if we were to discuss the musical sub-genre of "The Tulsa Sound" we would have to refer to The [C-word] Studio at 3rd and Trenton.

And it would require a reminder that "Tulsa" is "Aslut" spelled backwards.  /regional humor
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2018, 02:50:51 PM »

Also, if we were to discuss the musical sub-genre of "The Tulsa Sound" we would have to refer to The [C-word] Studio at 3rd and Trenton.
I work just down the street from that place. Pass by it several times a week.

There is no Church studio in Tulsa. That building is a wreck and a squatter's hang out. Rumors abound that "someone" is going to rebuild it and do something with it. But no one seems to know who that mysterious "someone" is. It's been dilapidated and boarded up for over a decade with not one single sign of any kind of work happening on it. Plus, from the old pictures of the interior that I have seen, it was never a great studio environment to begin with. Just big parallel sandstone block walls with giant windows. No real acoustic treatment or isolation.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2018, 02:55:17 PM »

I work just down the street from that place. Pass by it several times a week.

There is no Church studio in Tulsa. That building is a wreck and a squatter's hang out. Rumors abound that "someone" is going to rebuild it and do something with it. But no one seems to know who that mysterious "someone" is. It's been dilapidated and boarded up for over a decade with not one single sign of any kind of work happening on it. Plus, from the old pictures of the interior that I have seen, it was never a great studio environment to begin with. Just big parallel sandstone block walls with giant windows. No real acoustic treatment or isolation.

I have "Living on Tulsa Time" stuck in my head now, thanks.
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2018, 02:58:36 PM »

I have "Living on Tulsa Time" stuck in my head now, thanks.
When I was in college at the University of Tulsa, and playing in the marching band, we had to play Living on Tulsa Time and Take Me Back to Tulsa every year, all year long. Took me years to get those damn songs out of my head.   :-\
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2018, 09:40:41 AM »

Cosmo, you surprise me. So here's what I'm going to do.

Being a good Irish Catholic boy I'm praying that I finish the plumbing within the next 60 days, so to that point I imagine the plumbing should now be considered a shrine of sorts. To make it official I'll take the rubber magnetic Jesus off of my dash in the truck and stick it to the black iron manifold for the TACO pumps. When I'm done I'll post a picture and we can move the link to the HOW forum if needed at that time. And being that Joseph was a carpenter, I'll ask the mods to move all construction related posts to the HOW forum as well.

I don't know what to say about electrical. Perhaps, and even though there is a forum already, we could create another forum titled Greek mythology, sub category Zeus, and put all the sparky shit there.

God bless you my son, go in peace.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 09:44:51 AM by Bob Leonard »
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Russ Davis

• South Central VA and Pittsburgh PA
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2018, 09:57:24 PM »

Getting ready to replace the boiler in the 100 year old house.

I see you're living in one of those new-fangled places.  I was recently re-admiring the residual attic damage from the 1886 roof fire at my 1804 home, back when it was "only" 82 years old.   I'm now sitting in the parlor room where John Philip Sousa composed some of his music... he also took dumps in my backyard (I can show you the foundation of the old outhouse :) ).
"Garbage in, louder garbage out"

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2018, 09:57:24 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.