ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Build a church in a week  (Read 5803 times)

Steve Crump

Re: Build a church in a week
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2018, 01:47:15 PM »

In the metro areas with all the different engineering documents required, all the phases of inspections (with the occasional rejections), I just don't see many quick builds. Now in rural areas with lax building code enforcement?? The best I have ever personally seen was a bank branch, after footings, six weeks to move in..

The last bank we were wiring got held up a week just because the building official was citing the 2015 Energy Code and the state is still enforcing the 2009. So, the debate between the contractor, architect and city held the project up until everyone was satisfied.

We are not a residential contractor. We do volunteer for Habitat and I will say on a "blitz build" it goes relatively quick, but it is a small house and kind of sparse.

Do you think a TV show builds a luxury home in a week??? I really don't...

« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 02:15:17 PM by Steve Crump »

Cosmo

• SR Forums
  • Northern Colorado, USA
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2018, 02:23:00 PM »

Some friends of mine are building a small church...

This belongs in the HOW forum.

If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.  Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away.  - H.D. Thoreau

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2018, 02:44:27 PM »

Why?  It's a general interest thread not even sound related.  Half the posts in the LAB and Classic LAB are church situations, anyway.

Steve Crump

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2018, 02:47:28 PM »

I looked over at the HOW forum and really don't see a place for this, This is really not specific to AV/sound in connection to a HOW. The discussion seems to be more generally about construction and how quickly or not, that some things are built. And in one case it is about Bob's plumbing skills and how Pex may or may not suck. I think it being a HOW being built is really not the discussion. I think it is just a comment on how quickly they framed the building in and really isn't relevant to what the building will be used for.
Then again I could be wrong.

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2018, 03:21:16 PM »

I looked over at the HOW forum and really don't see a place for this, This is really not specific to AV/sound in connection to a HOW. The discussion seems to be more generally about construction and how quickly or not, that some things are built. And in one case it is about Bob's plumbing skills and how Pex may or may not suck. I think it being a HOW being built is really not the discussion. I think it is just a comment on how quickly they framed the building in and really isn't relevant to what the building will be used for.
Then again I could be wrong.

Bingo.

Not discussing HOW A/V issues in the thread. I just threw this up here in the basement because it's not really sound related, but because I know there are a lot of folks here who'd be interested. But, since it is a church (a type of performance venue), it sort of relates to the whole "sound" theme of the forum.
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

Cosmo

• SR Forums
  • Northern Colorado, USA
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2018, 04:50:34 PM »

I looked over at the HOW forum and really don't see a place for this...

You posted about a fucking CHURCH.  How much more HOW-related can it get?!

If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.  Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away.  - H.D. Thoreau

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2018, 04:59:01 PM »

You posted about a ------- CHURCH.  How much more HOW-related can it get?!

The church has a basement. This was posted in The Basement. Is that good enough for ya?
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

Steve Crump

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2018, 05:06:51 PM »

You posted about a fucking CHURCH.  How much more HOW-related can it get?!

I looked again since you so adamantly pointed this out. Still nothing in this post about "HOW Sound" or "HOW AV", so the "Basement" is still by definition the best spot.

Besides I didn't post about a Church. I am not the original OP and my post was about construction. (Edited so as not to offend, apologies...)

Wait, let's go one better. I don't see an area more suited by the forum's definitions; so specifically where is the spot that you are referring to? It's not falling under one of the four areas defined in the HOW area.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 09:14:57 PM by Steve Crump »

Stephen Swaffer

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2018, 07:14:18 PM »

You posted about a ....... CHURCH.  How much more HOW-related can it get?!

I have as much use for a bar as some people have for a church-I don't find discussions about bar bands or shenanigans offensive and it really doesn't bother me if you enjoy those establishments, I still think we could find common ground to have a descent conversation.

Your attitude is really surprising given your signature line.
Steve Swaffer

Dave Dermont

• Forum Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • From The Great Pocono Northeast
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2018, 09:02:07 PM »

Yo cats and chicks,

The moderators, some of whom I know personally, seem to think this is the place for this post.

FWIW, there have been complaints about the potty mouth language. In the context of the discussion, I don't see anything that is overtly offensive.

We are adults here.

I just wanted to run that by you all, so you know we are here addressing the concerns of the forum users, since deciding to take no action would not be apparent to the users.

Carry on.
Dave Dermont

Warning: Dates on calendar may be closer than they appear

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2018, 09:02:07 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.