Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Lighting Forum

Box fan or similar to help distribute haze

(1/2) > >>

dave moldover:
Any suggestions on a model of fan we can use behind our hazer to help push it out and distribute it onstage? Noise isn't a big concern unless is ridiculously loud. We're using a Radience hazer with water based fluid. Just want something to help move it around. thx.

Jay Barracato:

--- Quote from: dave moldover on February 17, 2018, 08:21:04 PM ---Any suggestions on a model of fan we can use behind our hazer to help push it out and distribute it onstage? Noise isn't a big concern unless is ridiculously loud. We're using a Radience hazer with water based fluid. Just want something to help move it around. thx.

--- End quote ---
I have more problems with the musician's fans blowing the haze off stage, but for the big bucks elation/antari has a DMX controlled fan.

I also have a couple of folding battery powered fans from the sporting goods/outdoor section at Wal-Mart that work well and can be stashed in amoung the lights.

I also have a couple of laskos like every musician seem to have these days.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

John Fruits:
Have you seen how the touring version of the Radiance hazer is set up?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iphshb5T4Hg
An upward facing fan at an angle below the hazer, very effective.

Caleb Dueck:

--- Quote from: John Fruits on February 17, 2018, 09:39:10 PM ---Have you seen how the touring version of the Radiance hazer is set up?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iphshb5T4Hg
An upward facing fan at an angle below the hazer, very effective.

--- End quote ---
The other option is a single DMX controlled relay for fan(s).  Simple, but only on/off.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Allen Smith:

--- Quote from: dave moldover on February 17, 2018, 08:21:04 PM ---Any suggestions on a model of fan we can use behind our hazer to help push it out and distribute it onstage? Noise isn't a big concern unless is ridiculously loud. We're using a Radience hazer with water based fluid. Just want something to help move it around. thx.

--- End quote ---

The small commercial style fans used by many for carpet drying work great.  I went through several fans and broke them before discovering these.  They are small and super durable and move lots of air.  Do a search in Amazon and you will find many t chose from for about 70 bucks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version